⚖️/Chapter 14

Wriothesley continued to follow Clorinde through the underground passage way, as he still hadn't noticed that she didn't wait him for him at first...
______________________________

As Wriothesley walked, he received a call from Neuvillette on his cell phone.
"Darling, do you love me?"
Neuvillette asked, his voice sad.

Wriothesley quickly took out his phone and answered the call from Neuvillette.
"Yeah, of course I love you! What kind of question is that?"
Wriothesley then said this with a soft voice, as the thought of Neuvillette thinking that Wriothesley didn't love him made his heart ache.
"Do you love me too?"

"You didn't tell me you loved me when you left my office..."
Neuvillette said, it sounded like a whisper.

Wriothesley then blushed heavily at this, as he suddenly realised that he missed out on this part. He was going to tell Neuvillette he loves him before he left for Meropide, but he got distracted.
"Well, I'm telling you that I love you now Neuvillette..."
He then quickly continued to speak while still blushing.
"I... I really do love you Neuvillette... Like, I really do..."

Clorinde and Wriothesley arrived at the Fortress of Meropide. Clorinde went to her office to work and Wriothesley stayed in the corner of his own office, on a call with Neuvillette.

Neuvillette smiled and spoke back, the rain stopping as he was happy.
"I love you lots too!!"

Wriothesley's smirk immediately returned as Neuvillette spoke this, as he could hear how happy Neuvillette sounded in his voice. He was also relieved to hear Neuvillette say that he loves him very much too.
"I'm glad to hear that, Neuvillette. By the way... Do you mind if I tell you something personal?"
Wriothesley then asked Neuvillette with a hint of hesitance in his voice.

Neuvillette was sitting in his office on a call with Wriothesley, his voice now serious after hearing Wriothesley's request.
"What is it?"

Wriothesley then quickly took a deep breath, as he wanted to be honest with Neuvillette about his previous actions.
"Well... It's just that... I want to apologize to you for... That is, I want to apologize to you for trying to falsify the documents to lead Meropide again..."
Wriothesley then paused for 5 seconds, before he continued to speak again.
"... I'm genuinely sorry about doing this behind your back Neuvillette. I'm... I'm really sorry..."

Neuvillette sighed, this was a serious matter, but he knew that Wriothesley will probably do something worse since he was a secret criminal.
"Alright, you must be up to something else behind my back too, right? You are a man full of secrets...I'm not surprised."
Neuvillette said, laughing lightly.

Wriothesley then sighed at Neuvillette's reaction, as he was still feeling a bit disappointed by his thought at first. But he quickly gained back his confident smirk as Neuvillette laughed at him.
"Yeah, I know that it's kind of expected for me to try to do something like that. But if it's anything to make you feel any better, I'm here being honest to you at least."
Wriothesley then spoke jokingly.
"So, are we all good now Neuvillette~?"

"Of course we're good, duke~"
Neuvillette said, his tone flirtatious.

Wriothesley then got a bit flustered at Neuvillette calling him "Duke", while he also smiled a bit at Neuvillette's flirtatious tone.
"Aww, thank you Neuvillette."
Wriothesley then paused for 5 seconds, before he continued to speak with a flirty tone.
"So, any plans you have for dinner, Neuvillette? I could treat you in the restaurant inside the Fortress later tonight?"