Target Acquired | Dave York |2|

(alternating pov)

a week later
So Alex is dead. Those assholes got to him before we did. As well as the man that hired us. That happened yesterday.

I knelt down, my eyebrows furrowing as I examined the lock on the front door. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my lock picking set, quickly getting to it. All of us are stationed at different entrances, trying to get into the house.

After a few seconds, I opened the door, quickly getting on my feet. I shoved it in my pocket and stood up, getting my gun out of my waistband. I calmed down my breathing and raised my gun in front of me, seeing the rest of the guys already in there.

I started to step slowly around the house, making my way up the staircase. I pushed open a door, seeing that it was a bedroom. My eyes scanned around the room, spotting a pair of legs hanging out from under the bed.

"Shit..." I muttered "...this has got to be him."

I put the gun back in my waistband and leaned down, grabbing the legs, pulling on them, straining a bit. Well..it's him alright. A gunshot wound to the forehead. Nice and clean.

"For fuck sake!" I muttered, shaking my head.

I haven't even been close to Dave since our encounter in the park. I'm sure he's been around though, I know I've been around the places he frequents. It's frustrating because both mine and Dave's team are extremely smart, smart enough to keep evading each other.

"Hey, where'd you go?..."

I got shaken out of my thoughts, feeling a pair of lips softly bite my earlobe to get my attention. I turned to the side, seeing Bill, the man I met a few days ago. And the man I've been hooking up with every day since.

"...you always travel into that little head of yours." he muttered, moving his lips down to my neck, pressing gentle kisses along my neck.

He's not rough. He's the most gentle man I've ever met...which is annoying. Not like Dave. It sucks, I keep comparing Bill, comparing him to a man I should of never slept with. But, I just can't seem to forget the encounter. Every time I sleep with Bill, Dave is all I think about. The way he sunk his teeth into my skin and the way he gripped onto my waist as he used me as his own personal fuck toy.

"Yeah, sorry..." I laughed softly, closing my eyes as I felt his hands run up my thigh "...just thinking about work."

"Speaking of..." he sighed, against my neck, pressing another gentle kiss against my skin "...I have to go. I'll call you when I get off. Maybe I can stay over again?"

Surprisingly, this man is an actual firefighter. Met the man in my favourite coffee shop, completely by chance. And of course, he thinks I'm a teacher. Thankfully, it's a Saturday so I don't have to go to "work".

He quickly got up, grabbing his clothes off of the chair that he quite literally folded immediately after he took them off. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the nightstand, looking at the time. 8am.

"Yeah, sounds good." I smiled.

He leaned down and pressed his lips against my forehead, moving his lips to my cheek.