I'm Not Going To Leave You | Frankie Morales

You placed and strapped your daughter in the baby bouncer, moving her so she had a good view of you. You sat down at the piano and started to play a gentle tune, pleasing your ears and hopefully comforting to your daughter.

You hummed softly in time with the tune, closing your eyes and just letting your fingers dance on the keys. You heard happy coos leave her mouth, looking over at her briefly and smiled as you continued to play.

Footsteps sounded from behind, relief falling on you, knowing it was your husband. He placed his hand on your back and I felt his head rest in the crook of my neck.

"It's just me. ..." he whispered, feeling his lips press gently against my neck. "...Good morning, baby."

You felt myself relax into his touch, smiling softly.

"Good morning, Frankie." you spoke softly.

He pulled away from you and leaned down to Mae, unstrapping and picking her up. He held her against his chest and supported her back, the other holding her head as he slightly bounced her up and down.

"Good morning, princess. ..." he whispered, kissing her head and looking at you "...Do you want me to feed her?"

You looked at him confused, standing up from the piano chair.

"I have already. Remember feeling time is 8am."

He closed his eyes and sighed, shaking his head.

"Right, I forgot. ..." he nodded, kissing Mae's head again "...I'm sorry."

You looked at him concerned and stood up. You rested my hand on his waist, the other resting on Mae's back.

"Pass her here." you muttered softly.

Frankie gently put her in your arms, as soon as she was rested against your chest, he rubbed the back of his neck. He looks ashamed and guilty with himself, and you think you know why.

You took Mae to her room and put her in her crib, pressing a gentle kiss on her forehead. You turned on the camera for the monitor, grabbing it and walked back out, seeing that he wasn't in the lounge area. Your eyebrows furrowed as you walked out to the kitchen, seeing him making a cup of coffee, placing the monitor on the bench.

"I'll make you a tea, baby." he spoke quietly, his back turned to me.

"Frankie, can you look at me please?" I asked, rubbing his back.

You felt his back tense up, his head dropping to his chest for a moment. He continued to make his coffee, getting my cup from the cupboard.

"You came home only a few hours ago, where were you?"

He stayed silent for a moment, a defeated sigh leaving his mouth.

"I relasped last night. ..." he spoke quietly "...I'm sorry, I'm..I'm trying, I promise."

You shook your head, patting his waist with both hands, silently asking him to turn around. He shook his head, continuing to make hot drinks.

"I need to finish doing this."

"Hey, turn around, please." you spoke softly.

He let out another deep sigh and turned around, leaning against the kitchen counter and crossed his arms. He avoided eye contact with you, shame written deep in his face.

"Don't be ashamed." you spoke softly.

"I was doing well..." he muttered "...then I had to go and ruin it."

You shook your head, cupping his cheeks.

"Hey, look at me."

He took a second before he looked you in your eyes, seeing how upset and angry he is at himself.