Target Acquired | Dave York |1|

(alternating pov)

I sat on my sofa, a piece of pepperoni pizza in my hand, with two other members of my team while we looked over a swiped file on what we and the man who hired us thought was a normal man who worked for the FBI, but there is a lot more to the guy then meets the eye. I photocopied it enough times so each member of my team, can have their own.

"This guy got his hands dirty. ..." Callahan muttered, drinking his coffee "...He embezzled money from the government, other types of theft, covered for the criminals he and his team caught, even killed off anyone who found him out."

"The guy is a fucking menace. ..." Emerson sighed, looking at the door "...Where's Donovan? Shouldn't he be here by now?"

"I don't know..." I muttered, not looking up from the file "...I called him like two hours ago. The bastard's been MIA for week."

"I'll call him again. ..." Emerson got his phone out of his pocket, walking out of the room "...Give me a second."

I watched Emerson walk out of the room, rolling my eyes.

"Does he still think we don't have a clue about him and Donovan?" my eyes returning back to the file.

"Like seriously..." Callahan had some more coffee, hearing the cup thud on the ground "...they've literally been fucking for years."

"Do you think you could not throw the cup on my carpet?..." I spoke, my voice laced with annoyance "...I just vacuumed the floor."

Callahan stifled a laugh, shaking his head.

"You know we are grubs and you knew we were coming over, that was a stupid decision."

"Or maybe you lot could be a bit more polite when someone invites you into their home?" I retorted.

"Guys..." Emerson walked back into the room, hitting his phone against his hand "...we have a problem."

God, what now?

"What is it?" I asked, still holding the file but taking a bite of my pizza before putting it down.

"We're not the only team that are after Alex."

I fell back on my sofa, hearing those words, the file landing on my lap as I put my face in my hands.

"For fuck sake!" Callahan threw the file on the floor, picking his cup up to get another cup of coffee.

"The bastard double hired." I groaned, annoyed.

"So..we've got targets on ourselves. ..." Emerson pursed her lips together "...We're going to have to take them out before they take us."

"So we're going to be working two jobs simultaneously." Callahan spoke, putting down the coffee jug a little too harshly, spilling some.

"Do we have any information on this other team?" I spoke exasperatedly.

"Donovan has been following them for a week, that's why he's been missing. ..." Emerson sighed "...He followed them, figured out their every move. He's ten minutes away with files."

"Great." I sighed.

Ten minutes passed by and Donovan busted his way in, looking exhausted. Of course the first one to get up was Emerson, looking at him concerned.

"Have you slept?" he asked.

"No. ..." Donovan spoke quickly, handing a file to each of us. "...These fuckers are relentless."