11 - Dead To Me

The night spent at the Owl House after the trial may have been the worst one that either of them experienced. After everything they have endured the young Blight decided to stay in the Owl House to make sure her girlfriend was indeed alright. Yet, the dreams they experienced were nothing one would wish upon their worst enemies.

"Animal..." Odalia's voice echoed in her daughter's mind.

"Let me out!" Amity screamed out in her sleep. Luz, still deeply asleep, did not react to that at all. "Please! Stop!" She screamed again and her hands delicately shone with a lavender-colored glow. Her magic uncontrollably seeped away while the young witch kept thrashing in bed, mumbling incoherently, then screaming again. Eda ran into the room slipping into her bunny slippers and was shocked to see Amity losing control of her magical energy. The older witch was about to say something, to wake the girl up when a sudden distressed screech, escaping her daughter's throat, deafened her pointy ears. What surprised Eda, even more, was that it did not wake Amity up.

"Hooty!" She called the house Demon for his assistance, not really knowing what else she should do.

"Don't... touch!" Amity growled thrashing in bed. Embers around her hands ignited, she let out a long hiss, and she sent a powerful fireball at the wall in front of the bed.

Hooty made his appearance, swallowing the fireball just in time, and looked back at Eda with concern. Luz screeched again but this time her hands grew out sharp talons. She grabbed her head in panic, turned to the side, away from Amity, and cried in her sleep.

"Amity, wake up!" Eda approached the young witch who kept on screaming, tears rolling down her cheeks, and her mind still trapped in her nightmare. Luz's screech got louder and her body was slowly getting covered in feathers.

"Don't hurt her!" The human screamed with a distorted voice and Eda was dumbstruck. She had no idea what to do.

"Just pick one!" She ran toward the Blight and with a moment of hesitation she touched the witchling's arm to shake her awake.

"Amity..." The older witch was interrupted by a powerful fire blast she barely managed to dodge.

"DON'T!" Amity screamed, jumping at Eda, attacking her, pinning her to the floor, and finally opened her eyes not understanding what was happening. "E-Eda?" She asked, gasping for air, looking with confusion at the witch below her, not knowing what was happening. "Ph-Philip..." She looked around the room as if she was looking for someone.

"He's not here, Boots." Eda said softly, helping the witchling off her "You're safe..." She said but was interrupted by a loud thud of Luz falling off the bed.

"That's why I told them to sleep on the floor..." Eda thought when both witches and Hooty looked down at the human who struggled with her memories. They shared a look. Blight immediately forgot about her dream and quickly approached her girlfriend, writhing on the floor.

"Luz... can you hear me?" Amity asked and looked back at Eda for some support. The older Clawthorne shrugged her shoulders and looked back at her daughter.

"I won't... You can't!" Luz was exclaiming, thrashing on the floor. Her talons scratched the floorboards and her fang grew out. "She's not a puppet!!!" The human screeched and her body was surrounded with a golden glow of released Owl Demon's energy, its warmth lifted Amity's and Eda's hair.

"Screech!" Her voice deafened everyone in the House while the harpy's wings grew out and the magic blasted away from the human in a hot wave, pushing the smallest objects away, her eyes opened wide showing the pitch-black eyes of the Demon living inside her body. Without any warning, her harpy limbs cracked and started changing.