1 - The Cursed Human

The Boiling Isles is a wonderful yet scary place in the Demon Realm. A scary fantasy world that exists in parallel to the Human Realm. As the name suggests it is a home to all demons, beasts, bi-peds, witches, and... a sole human.

Said human came to the Bonesborough, a capital city of the Boiling Isles, about four years ago through a magical portal door. She was fourteen at the time and could not believe her eyes when she looked at the land engulfing the skeleton of a fallen Titan. Across different parts of the enormous body different cities, towns, forests, and plains were scattered randomly. The capitol has been hidden amid Titan's right arm, surrounded by thick forest. However, let us go back to the human who accidentally entered the Demon Realm. Or was it not so accidentally as the human would lead us to believe?

"That's not possible! No, no, no..." She thought as she looked at the panoramic view of the city in front of her. The tall ribs surrounded the rooftops covered with red tile, the golden skies were filled with random winged beasts traveling toward their destination. The young girl was a tan human with hazel-brown eyes underlined by swollen shades, dirty, curly brown hair, and thick brows frowning in a grimace of shock and fear. She seemed exhausted. Her clothes consisting of a white-purple striped hoodie with cat ears and jeans shorts worn over dark leggings were ripped in several places, showing off scratches on her caramel skin. Her once-white trainers were now muddy and on the verge of falling apart. She looked around not knowing whether she was dreaming or already dead.

"Hey, Kid! What are you doing here?!" She heard a female voice calling her from behind. She turned around, slouched with fear, and gazed at a tall middle-aged woman with golden eyes, and wild gray hair, who was dressed in a crimson red dress. Her eyes were fashionably matched with golden earrings in her ears...

"Spiky... ears?!" Luz thought when she looked at the woman approaching her. The young girl started to breathe quickly when she thought her mind was playing games on her. Before the woman could make it over to her the young teenager fainted falling hard on the dusty ground.

"Well, that's unexpected." The woman murmured, scratching her neck.

"What the hell am I supposed to do with her?" She wondered but decided to think about it later. For now, the human child had to be hidden away before something would eat her. The gray-haired woman picked the teenager up with ease and her face saddened, noticing how tired and beat up the kid was. She was probably malnourished as well. Based on the looks of her clothing she was running away from something for a while now. So with just a slight hesitation, the woman took her home.

***

When the human girl woke up she could have sworn she had the weirdest dream possible. Her eyes opened slowly just to notice she was lying on the floor of a small room with wooden floors and walls. The room seemed to be some kind of storage. It was filled with dusty chests, crates, and paintings covered with white fabric. The girl was covered with blankets and was reasonably comfortable. To be honest it was the most comfortable she has been in a long while. When she tried to move her body realized a small black dog was sleeping on her leg. It made her feel even safer. Animal presence always worked for her sense of safety. In her head, no bad person can care for animals. She sat up slowly, wanting to pet the cuddly creature but as she did, she noticed its head was covered in a bone-like material with two horns.

"What the hell?" She wondered and moved a little bit closer. Said dog turned its head toward the human girl and looked at her with its red eyes. "WHAT!?" The human's mind roared but her body was frozen.

"EDA!!" It yelled and Luz yelped, jumped out of covers, and backed out to the corner of the room. "She's awake." The dog added when the middle-aged woman entered the room cautiously.