6 - The Spell Raiser

Luz had a really hard time sleeping that night. For the longest time, she was trying to figure out what happened with Amity.

"I mean, I get trauma... I really do. But the way she left... It was not like her. Not like the Amity I know." Luz reasoned with herself. She finally fell asleep when the moon stopped shining through her window and even Hooty's snores died down.

The alarm clock's yell woke her up after just a few hours of sleep. She threw it at the wall, breaking it into dozens of pieces, meeting the fate of the previous models on the floor.

"Like mother, like daughter." Hooty thought while he watched Luz through the window, making sure she woke up.

"What do you want, Hooty?!" Luz growled when she felt the Demon watching her.

"Geez! I just wanted to check in on you. Your GF left so suddenly..."

"Thanks for reminding me!" Luz barked at him, not noticing how her voice got distorted but realizing she was taking out her anger on Hooty. She finally got up and took a deep breath. "Sorry, Hooty. I am just as confused as you are. I'm really worried about her." She explained but Hooty retracted himself from her bedroom and returned to his post. After all, he was responsible for the safety of the house.

Luz was hoping she would get some explanation once she met with Amity as she promised. She got ready to leave the house, packed her bag, and left for the Academy. She was still feeling anxious. She wanted to support the witch but despite that, she also wanted to understand what happened. Why did the Blight push her away and leave without any explanation? Luz sat down by the Library's entrance once she made it to her and Amity's meeting spot. She still had time. Her written exams will not start for a while.

"Have you been waiting long?" Luz was dragged out of her thoughts by a familiar voice. Yet, not the one she hoped for.

"Too long, Willow." The human said with a grumpy voice without turning toward her friend. The witch sat beside her and pushed her gently in the hope of lifting the human's mood up.

"Come on! Maybe she just overslept and ran directly to class..." Willow offered but Luz did not believe it. The human took a deep breath and told her friend what happened yesterday, what Amity told her about Skara, about Boscha showing up during her Beast Keeping exam, and what got her worried later that evening. Willow looked away and sighed.

"Well... I don't want to worry you but you did get a lot of attention yesterday." The witch said. "I mean out of all the witches in the Realm you had to pick up the Blight, didn't you?" Willow teased Luz and the human blushed, smiling shyly.

"In all honesty she picked me," Luz said with a smile, thinking of her girlfriend. A warm feeling spread across her chest. She felt Willow pushing her again.

"Come on! No more moping. You'll probably meet her after this period." The witch offered, getting up. "Come on, I don't wanna be late for the exam." She added and Luz could not argue with that.

***

As soon as Luz was done with her Plant Track exam she bid her friend farewell and left for the Abomination Track homeroom. Willow was not about to stop her.

"Like that ever worked." The witch thought bitterly while she looked at her friend running off, her bangs and flannel fluttering as she sped up.

"Where are you, Amity?" Luz whispered to herself when she noticed the last of the students leaving the classroom were not Amity.

"Ah! Miss Clawthorne!" The abomination professor approached her. She raised her eyebrow not knowing why he would ever want to talk with her. "I'm so happy you came here on behalf of Miss Blight." He said with a joyful expression.