7 - In the Clinic

"Now... let's take a look at you," Emira said, eyeing Luz's wounds.

"Nah... I'm good." The human tried to play it cool but suddenly she noticed Emira falling down. Or was it Luz losing her balance?

"Luz!?" Emira flung herself at the harpy. She managed to catch the younger woman's torso and head before her body made it to the floor.

"Are all humans that heavy?" The Healer was curious about the anatomical aspect of her sister's girlfriend. "Focus, Em! She's a cursed human! A wounded one at that!" She scolded herself, looking down at the feathery figure bleeding in her arms. She eyed the open wound, leaking crimson onto the dark, auburn feathers. Her golden eyes darted toward the abdomen and inspected the second gaping hole in the body. She then looked up to look at the hurt limbs. "This is so not good..."

"Hey, Em?" Luz said with a faint, goofy smile while her Beast-like features slowly started to disappear. "I don't mean to complain but I'm not feeling, like, entirely good." She added, noticing weakness overtaking her body.

Emira looked in awe at how the wings shrunk down, soon to disappear in Luz's shoulder blades, her feathers retracted and hid underneath the skin while the human's clothes reappeared. The weight of the body significantly decreased, and the wounds on her torso opened up bleeding more, splattering the chest. It seemed as if the Owl's magic was stemming the wounds. The human coughed and the Healer noticed blood dripping from her lips as well.

"WILLOW!" Emira hollered, feeling panic creeping in on her.

"I can't lose my sister's girlfriend on my watch!" When the young witch ran into the room the Healer turned back to Luz.

"Luz, listen. I need you to stay calm. Your lung is compromised and I need to check what else has been damaged." She then faced Willow who had approached both of them, still processing what mess her friend got herself into this time. "Help me place her on the table," Emira instructed with a calm voice. Luz looked at her hand drenched in blood after she coughed again.

"Oh, that doesn't look good..." The human murmured in a raspy voice not noticing she was being lifted up from the floor by thornless vines. She had a hard time comprehending what was happening as her mind was barely conscious. Emira got Luz out of her shirt, discarded the sports bra, and draped her body to have better access to the wounds. A sudden blue light caught the human's eye when she noticed Emira creating a healing spell. The pain in her chest was numbing away and she did not know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. She tried to sit up to see what was going on.

"Stop... moving..." Emira ordered while she was trying to maintain the spell that slowly was letting the Healer know about the extent of the wounds. "I need to assess the damage and we're running out of time, Luz," Emira added, looking down at the human. "If you bleed out there's nothing I can do to help you. We don't have access to human blood, and I can magically recreate your blood cells like I would with the witch's ones!" She added an explanation hoping that would keep her patient still. The scream from another room reached their ears, freezing their movements for a moment.

"Amity!" Luz exclaimed in a whisper under a breath, getting up, forgetting about her pain, and rupturing the wound on her abdomen.

"LUZ!" Emira yelled, forcefully pushing the human back to the table, breaking the healing spell. "Amity is taken care of. Just stay calm and let me fix you!" She yelled at the wounded woman.

"But..." Luz tried to oppose but the Healer lost her patience.

"You either stay calm and let me work or I'm going to put you to sleep," Emira said with an angry voice. "Don't you think I'm not worried about her?" She added, looking at Luz, and her anger faded away a little bit.