Eleven

"OPHELIA..." Jeremiah's words went unheard as he watched Ophelia spin on her heel and run up the stairs.

She bumped into Anne in the process which was concerning to her and the teen boy. "What's wrong honey?"

"I'm done! I'm done fighting over a stupid boy. Belly wins okay!" she yelled through her tears.

Jeremiah shook his head as he followed her into Conrad's room where she began throwing her things into her suitcase and bag. "Wow, Lia slow down. He obviously didn't want to kiss her."

"But he did! He kissed her." she choked on a sob. "I'm not some second option or some play thing. I'm done fighting and getting hurt all summer!"

Anne stared at her daughters face and teared up. "Hon, you're making a mistake. You need to talk to him, there has to be some explanation."

"I need to leave for the night." she swallowed down her tears. The two in the doorway frowned deeply. "Please mom."

"Okay honey. Let's go." Anne wrapped her arms around Ophelia as the girl held her bag in front of her. On their way out of the door, she heard the back door open. This made Ophelia walk even faster.

"What's going on?" his voice made her squeeze her eyes shut. "Baby? Where are you going?" he asked making her stop.

Anne turned to the boy with a sympathetic look. "We'll be staying at a hotel for the night."

"What?" Conrad shook his head with furrowed brows not understanding. His eyes fell on his girlfriend who had tears streaming down her face. "Are you okay baby? What happened?" he stepped towards her but she backed away.

"I think we need a break." she sniffled.

Six words. Six words that made Conrad feel worse than he'd ever felt before.

"What?" his voice cracked.

"I saw."

His blood ran cold. "Ophelia baby, that's not what it looked like." he shook his head. "I-"

"You don't need to explain. I just- I need to think." she said, clutching her bag tighter. Conrad stood frozen as he watched her mom guide her out of the house.

A silence took over between the two brothers before the youngest broke it. "What the fuck Conrad?"

Conrad shook his head quickly. "She kissed me. I swear Jere, I love Ophelia more than I even love myself. Please I didn't do anything wrong."

"What the fuck was that then? Where's Belly?" Jeremiah asked making Conrad clear his throat and scratch his head. "Conrad?"

"In the lake."

"In the what?!" Jeremiah shouted before the door slammed open and a angry Belly stormed in soaking wet.

"Are you kidding me Conrad?!" she screamed at him. "How could you throw me in the lake like that?"

"You kissed me and wouldn't let go. Don't act like a fucking victim you could have just ended my relationship right now!"

Another pair entered the room being Susannah and Laurel who gasped at his words. "Belly what did you do?" her  mother asked.

"I-I-"

"Fuck you Belly. I never want to see you again." Conrad pushed past her and went straight to his room.

•~•~•

As Ophelia sat in bed that night, her mind was reeling. Maybe she had overreacted. Maybe she should have let Conrad talk. I mean, he loves her right? He wouldn't cheat on her...right?