Chapter Fifteen~

Maddie POV~

Where on earth is Agatha? That's what I've been wondering. She's been missing from classes and I've heard from the rumour mill that she might have the plague, so I haven't been allowed to see her, I'm fact they've kept fairies around her room for days to make sure no one can enter unless it Pollux or Professor Dovey.

Though, I don't believe the rumour mills right, except for the fact it's said Sophie is embracing her true evil side. And I have this weird feeling that's not what's been happening. In our forest groups the other day, I might've seen a cockroach on Sophie's shoulder, hidden just by the collar of her colourful black outfit, I had no idea there were so many shades of black until she showed up in it. But back into topic, Sophie could tell the cockroach was there, I saw her glance at it in confusion several times, and well, it's not like Sophie to not crush that thing even if she just caught a glance at it.

And well, we just learnt to morgrify, so if two plus two equals four, then I have a clear answer as to where Agatha is and why Sophie is doing so good in her classes.

The only thing is, is that Agatha is dropping while Sophie's rising, and I don't think Agatha's realising the fact that if she gets one more fail, she will be expelled, especially because she failed twice at the start of the year, and three 20's aren't accepted here.

And the thing is, Sophie's been beating everyone in duels, which we've been partaking in since the trial by tale is so soon, there's just one tiny problem there. Even if she does continue on this streak, and trust me, I've calculated the numbers, Sophie won't be the one to go into the Trial by Tale, I will. And the thing is, I'm not entirely sure if I'm ready for that or if Agatha and Sophie have a plan to get around it.

But speaking of our forest groups, it's time for another challenge in forest groups! I do believe we'll be turned into pumpkins this time around to symbolise Cinderellas story.

Tedros POV~

It's time for another challenge in our forest groups, and I just have this feeling that this time around, I will pick Maddie. Not just because she's an ever and that's the assignment, but because recently I've been feeling the pull of the soul bond, it tells me if she's in the same room as me, even the same part of the castle, and so I know it will direct me to the right pumpkin in this challenge. I just hope she doesn't find it strange, I still haven't told her about the soulbond after all, something inside of me, stopping me everytime I want to tell her about it.

And that's what's happening now. Though for some weird reason, I feel not one but two pulls, the second pull is incredibly faint, like someone's just hoping for me to choose them, though I quickly shake off that feeling and begin to walk towards the stronger pull, the one I now that is my bunny, I hear a little chirp from the second pumpkin as I begin to walk over in that direction, though I don't pause in my movements, going a few feet behind it, and kneeling down next to the pumpkin.

"This one," I state, confident in my choice and in the pull, "This one's an ever." I say, and Yuba frowns walking over to us, though it's more of a hobble.

"Are you sure?" He asks, lifting an eyebrow, and I nod, staring at the pumpkin, which begins to shake rapidly, Maddie yelping as she appears sitting on the floor, a bit disoriented.

A golden 1 and 2 appear above our heads and she smiles brightly up at me, I lend her a hand and help her up, which she does as gracefully as always and I turn around just in time to notice Hort walking towards the pumpkin that I felt a tiny pull towards and he taps it, a cockroach crawling over the top which I narrow my eyes at, something about its bugged eyes seems familiar but I just can't place it properly.

"This one!" Hort says, pointing at it and giving it a shove, Sophie appearing disgruntled as she glares up at him, her eyes dancing over to me and Maddie disappointment clear on her expression despite the fact she gets a 3 and Hort gets a 16 for not choosing an Ever. To be honest I'm not entirely sure how this challenge works, but I think Evers are meant to find Evers and Nevers are also meant to find Evers but if you find a never then you've been tricked and if a Never finds an Ever then they've been caught, I believe that's how it works but it is confusing.