Chapter Ten~

Maddie POV~

So after the incident, as I like to call it, Tedros and I decided to take this relationship thing, I'm not entirely sure what to call it, slow, or well he suggested it so I would feel more comfortable, I might have heard about love at first sight before, but it's sort of difficult living it.

We've been hanging out a lot more, especially in between classes and at lunches, Tedros trying his best to keep Sophie and Agatha away from me, especially after what happened.

He claims that he's making sure this time around he can step in and stop them from hurting me, as he feels guilty about not stepping in until late last time, though I don't blame him, everyone was in a state of shock not believing that Sophie would attack me, her twin sister.

So it wasn't a surprise when he walked me to and from every one of my classes, glaring at Agatha whenever he got the chance, though she did glare back, today seemed different however, as she didn't glare back she just stared at me apologetically when I arrived at Professor Anemones class, a certain look in her eyes as if something has gone terribly wrong, I'm just not entirely sure what.

Smiling at Tedros whose still standing beside me, he leans down and kisses my forehead which I giggle slightly at, pushing him slightly, "Get to class, you're not allowed to be late, remember?" I remind him of our small deal. If he's ever late to class, he's not allowed to walk me to my own anymore. Just because he wants to protect me from Agatha doesn't mean he should get in trouble because of me.

He sighs dramatically smiling down at me, "Of course, anything for my Princess," he grins down at me before rushing out of the class, and I laugh at how quickly he's moving, remembering he has sword class now and wince remembering how strict that teacher is from the stories everyone has told me.

Moving to sit beside Beatrix, I smile at her, and she returns it, grinning at me as we both quietly talk to one another before Professor Anemone arrives.

The doors flew open and a busty woman flounced in wearing a bejewelled red turban and scarf that matched her dress, caked caramel makeup, swarthy kohl around her eyes, Gypsy hoop earrings, and jangling tambourine bracelets.

"Umm . . . Professor Anemone?" Kiko gawked, and I pause for a moment, smiling slightly as I hear a slight snort from one of the girls beside me, who try to hide it but it just causes everyone to try and hold back their laughter at what is happening right now.

"I am Scherezade," Professor Anemone boomed in a ridiculous accent.
"Queen of Persia. Sultaness of the Seven Seas. Behold my dusky desert beauty."
She whipped off her scarf and did a terrible belly dance. "See how I seduce you with my hips!" She veiled her face and blinked like an owl. "See how I tempt you with my eyes!" She shook her bosom and beat her bangles noisily. "See how I become Midnight's Temptress!"

"More like smoked kebab," Agatha murmured. And despite most in the class not liking her, it causes them to try and hide their giggles even more, ducking their heads whenever Professor Anemone glanced at them.

Professor Anemone's smile vanished, as did the accent. "Here I thought I'd teach you to survive 1001 Arabian Nights-dune-ready makeup, hegira fashions, even a proper Dance of the Seven Veils-but perhaps I should start with something less amusing." She tightened her turban.

"Fairies have alerted me that candy has been vanishing from Hansel's Haven even while it is under repair. As you know, our school's classrooms are made of candy as a reminder of all the temptations that you will face beyond our gates." Her eyes narrowed. "But we know what happens to girls who eat candy. Once they start, they can't stop. They stray from the path. They fall prey to witches. They gorge themselves on self-pleasure until they die obese, unmarried, and riddled with warts."