Definition of Awkward

- Jaguar

Did you know that it takes 13 mouth muscles to smile? Thats alot.

Seems like too much effort to seem happy when your not. But I smile anyways. I have to go to Moon and Qibli's party. Jade will be there.

The definition of awkward: You see your ex for the first time after three years, try to kiss her, she tells you she has a boyfriend, she gets engaged to that boyfriend, and then you have a mental breakdown.

This should be fun. Firefly has a tight purple tank top with high rise blue jean shorts. I'm just wearing a dark green T-shirt with black jeans.

Mom however, she looks like she is going to a wedding. Aqua green dress with a yellow belt and red high heels. She had a red lip and light yellow eyeshadow that made her eyes pop.

I run a hand nervously through my black curls. "Do I have to go?" I asked. Firefly rolled her eyes. "Do I?" she asked.

Mom sighed. "Guys, you are both adults first of all, I can't make you go. But yes you do have to go. If you were away for three years and finally came back would you want your friends there?" Mom retorted.

"I'm not her friend!" I exclaimed. Firefly fell silent. She was Jade's friend. I guess I kind of was, but it was way different.

"Alright I guess I will go. But, do you know what awkward is? Cause thats Jaguar." Firefly said.

Ouch, but she's not wrong.

"Put yourselves in her shoes! How would you feel?" Dad snapped. We all stopped talking, dad doesn't snap. He is always calm and collected.

How would I feel? Sad. Excited to see everyone I knew. I would want to hug my friend, and know there are here for me. I would want someone besides my parents that love me. And Jade doesn't have that.

Firefly stared at the floor. Grabbing her purse she walked towards the door. "Well, what are we waiting for!" she exclaimed suddenly happy.

I smiled softly at her.

Atleast those two can still be friends.

With that we headed towards Jade's house.

Jade was upstairs when I walked inside. Firefly hugged Rose and looked around excitedly. That was when she came down the stairs.

Our eyes locked.

She's so beautiful. I love her. Because of that I will keep my distance tonight, make sure she is comfortable.

I took a step back and smiled softly at her. She blushed and looked down. She had a teal flowy shirt with a black skirt that flew out when she spun.

Her dirty blonde hair was parted in the middle and straightened, it was a fitting style for her. Rose jumped into Jade's arms crying.

Jade hugged her happily. Firefly slowly walked over to her.

Jade stared at her nervously. "I missed you."

Firefly gave Jade a sisterly hug. It was heartwarming. After the greetings, sadly to me I didn't get one.

We all went in the backyard and played some simple but fun games. Like bean bag toss or cards. We even played sharks and minos.

Around 9 the adults went inside, but Jade, Rose, Firefly, Copper, and I stayed outside around the fire. I was considering going back inside to give the group some time alone.

But everytime I tried to walk away Firefly would pull me back.

"So Jaguar, have you gotten the letter from the college you applied for?" Copper asked me.