-CHAPTER THIRTY NINE-

November 1st, 2013

November 1st, 2013

Third person POV

Kyra awoke when she heard a small knock on her bedroom door. "Go away, Calum! I already told you I don't wanna talk to anyone." The person knocked again making Kyra groaned and stand up from her bed to go answer the door, "Calum, please just—" Kyra stopped herself when she noticed Luke standing at her door, Kyra lightly sighed before walking over and flopping onto her bed as Luke entered the room behind her.

"Kyra, you can't hide in here forever." Luke said softly.

"Yes, I can." Kyra mumbled into her pillow.

"Kyra." Luke said warningly before forcing her to sit up in her bed, "have you heard from Ashton?" Kyra shook her head.

"I've messaged him non-stop. No answer. He really is done with me.." Kyra sighed.

"Kyra, don't think like that. Besides, he can't be that mad just cuz you were looking at another dude." Luke shrugged.

"Yeah, but that other dude was you, Luke." Kyra stated.

"So? He still doesn't have the right to be mad. He didn't even let you explain. You could've been zoned out, which you do a lot by the way. Which Ashton would've know if he got his head out of his ass and considered your feelings instead of worrying about his own stupid self!" Luke slightly shouted shocking Kyra.

Kyra was about to speak before her phone went off, "The guys want us at band practice asap." Kyra said standing up.

"You're actually gonna go?" Luke questioned.

"Yeah, it seems urgent." Kyra shrugged.

"What if Ashton's there?" Luke asked.

"He made it pretty clear that he was done with the band so I doubt he'll be there." Kyra laughed slightly.

"Okay, what ever you say." Luke smiled as he followed Kyra out the door.

———

Kyra and Luke walked into Michael's garage, Kyra occasionally laughed at Luke's stupid jokes but her face dropped when she came face to face with Ashton.

Ashton rolled his eyes and turned to Michael and Calum, "I thought you said they weren't gonna be here." Kyra awkwardly looked away as Ashton looked towards her.

"Well, is it obvious we lied?" Michael questioned rhetorically, "guys, sit down." Michael instructed.

Kyra, Luke and Ashton all sat on chairs near each other as awkwardness filled the garage.

Calum and Michael both sat in front of the other three, looking at them awkwardly.

"This is stupid." Calum was the first to speak, "you guys all being mad at each other cuz of a break up."

"Actually, I'm not mad at Luke. Because unlike some people, he understands me!" Kyra stated, nodding towards Ashton.

"I understand your feelings very well, Kyra! It's very obvious you have a crush on Luke!" Ashton yelled back.

"Is that really what you think? I got in a massive fight with my mum about you because she didn't want us to be together, but you know what I did? I decided to stay with you because I loved you!" Kyra explained.

"Being with you was a mistake." Ashton mumbled to himself.

"Guys! Just shut up with your bickering for two seconds!" Michael yelled over the top of them, "I'm sick of this. So is Calum, and I'm pretty sure Luke is as well. We're a band! We're best mates for crying out loud! We figure things out, we don't make things worse. It may take a few days, a few weeks even, but please try and talk things thing out, I don't care how long it takes, as long as we're a band, we're in this together."

Ashton and Kyra shared a look before looking back at Michael, "fine." They both mumbled.

"Can we go now?" Luke chimed in to try and get rid of the awkward tension.

Calum and Michael nodded allowing the other three to stand up and leave the garage.

———

November 9th, 2013

A few days later, Kyra got a message from Ashton telling her to meet him at the park.

Once Kyra got the message she grabbed her stuff and headed out.

Once she got to the park she went to call Ashton but before she could grab her phone she noticed Ashton sitting alone of a swing.

Kyra sighed as she walked over to him and sat on the swing next to him, "so why'd you wanna meet me here?"

"This is the place that I first confessed my feelings for you." Ashton stated as he looked forwards, "so, in a way, it holds good memories. It's just a shame that now it also holds bad memories."

"That's not entirely true." Kyra shrugged, Ashton looked at her confused, "our school is where all the bad memories lay." Kyra laughed causing Ashton to smile slightly, "I don't like the way we ended things. I thought that once you left, that was it. I'd never see you again. I felt so bad because I knew deep down the fight was all my fault." Ashton shook his head.

"No, it was my fault. I overreacted. It was stupid. I just love you so much I don't wanna lose you." Ashton admitted.

"You aren't gonna lose me. I think we're better off as friends anyways, the switch from friends to lovers was just too awkward." Kyra said honestly making Ashton nod in agreement, "so, we good?" Kyra looked at Ashton with hope.

Ashton nodded, "we're good." Ashton smiled as he leaned over and hugged Kyra tight.

———

(BE READY FOR SOME MASSIVE TIME SKIPS COMING UP!)