-CHAPTER TWENTY THREE-

July 16th, 2013

July 16th, 2013

Kyra's POV

The year was going smoothly, so far. Me and Luke have been writing music non-stop for the past few months and there hasn't been any drama at school, surprisingly. Today is Luke's birthday so I woke up early and called him.

"What?" Luke asked groggily through the phone

"Happy birthday, loser. I'm gonna be a bit late to school because I'm picking up your present so I'll see you later." I explained

"Ok." Luke said before hanging up. Weird.

I shrugged to myself before walking out the door.

I smiled as I walked down the street, I really liked Luke, but of course I didn't want him to know that.

I made it to the bus stop just as the bus arrived, I stepped onto the bus and walked up the back and took a seat.

Half an hour later, the bus came to a stop outside of the Shopping Centre, I thanked the bus driver as I stepped off the bus and walked towards the entrance.

It was currently 8:20 meaning I had about 40 minutes to get to school, I made my way to the store that I had pre-ordered Luke's present from and walked inside, I earned weird looks but I didn't care I was doing this for Luke.

"Hey, order for Jackson-Hood." I told the guy at the counter, he nodded and walked over to the back, seconds later he returned with a package in his hand

"We don't usually get girls ordering this type of stuff." The man said as he handed me the package. Sexist bitch. I thought to myself. I smiled at the man and shook my head.

"Oh, it isn't for me, it's for a friend." The man simply nodded

"Shame. I would've liked to see you try and beat level twelve." The man replied "Have a nice day." The man called out to me as I walked towards the exit, I checked my watch, 8:29.

I walked outside and over to the nearest bus stop, once my bus had arrived I got on and once again went up the back.

My leg bounced up and down as the bus drove and once the bus stopped I ran off. I hated being late to school, it's just the feeling of everyone staring at you as you walk in the classroom, I entered the gate and checked my watch again, 8:50. I only had 10 minutes to look for Luke, I headed towards the top quad because that's usually where we meet every morning, I spotted the other guys and walked over to them.

"Hey, have you guys seen Luke? I got his birthday present." I asked holding up the package I held in my hand

"I think he went to the library." Ashton answered, my eyes widened.

"Really? To do what?" I laughed

"Not study." Michael shrugged, I rolled my eyes before heading towards the library.

My wide smile dropped as I rounded the corner and spotted Luke, making out with Eliana Monet, aka the most popular girl in school. Of course he would go for someone like her. My eyes filled with tears as I struggled to look away. I know I shouldn't be mad because we aren't even together but if you saw your crush kissing another girl you wouldn't be a little upset? 

I hadn't even realized that I dropped the present that I had grasped in my hand until Luke and Eliana looked over at me

"Shit, Kyra..." Luke mumbled, I looked between Luke and Eliana for a second before bolting the opposite way "Kyra!" I heard Luke call out to me but I continued to run until I bumped into someone, I looked up at the tall figure. Ashton.

"Kyra? What's wrong?" I shook my head and pulled Ashton in for a hug, I sobbed into his shoulder as he looked over at Luke, who stood a few meters behind me, with a sharp glare.