Chapter 7

Juniper

At five in the morning, Gabriel was still sound asleep. I didn't have to be up until six, but my body clock told me it was five and that I should get up and make breakfast. Camping was like second nature to me. If I didn't have breakfast, then I would be an ineffective guide and put everyone at risk. Bacon and eggs were the easiest things to make, and coffee, of course, all things I'd been making over a campfire since I was a little kid.

While the coffee percolated, I returned to the tent and watched Gabriel sleep. I didn't expect someone like Gabriel to stumble into my life. How would I ever explain how we met? I guess I could just say we met while white water rafting. No one had to know the details. Tricia's the only one who would know the truth. 

Ever since we were together in my cabin, Gabriel was all I thought about. He jumped into bed with me with no questions asked, just relieved I came prepared. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but as soon as he hit that sweet spot, it sent me to a different world... a dream world. Gabriel always claimed I wasn't real, but a part of me wasn't real, either.

As he slept on his side, I poked his shoulder to see if he would stir. He rolled onto his back, but he didn't open his eyes. Kneeling over him, I unzipped his sleeping bag and opened it up. He still didn't open his eyes, not even as I pushed up his t-shirt. I kissed his lower stomach, lightly pressing my hand on his crotch. He groaned, stirring slightly as I slipped my hand inside the hole of his boxers.

"Is this okay?" I asked as I massaged his cock in my hand. He nodded with his eyes closed. I tugged his shorts down to his thighs and pushed his legs apart, kissing each ball. Bringing his hand to the back of my head, he guided me to his cock. He moaned, smiling as I took his cock in my mouth.

"Thank you," he muttered, draping his other arm over his forehead. "Yeah, you have good oral skills."

I laughed, gagging on his cock.

"Come here," he said, pulling me up to him to kiss me. I was already dressed in my rafting gear and didn't have time to undress, fool around, and make breakfast. Instead, I finished him off in my hand. "I smell coffee," he said as I kissed his neck.

"Yeah. You hungry? I'll make breakfast. I brought bacon and eggs. It'll just take a few minutes to make."

"I've never had anyone make me breakfast before. I don't eat bacon, but I'd love some eggs. I love fresh eggs. I appreciate the two dozen you gave me."

"There's plenty more where they came from. Why don't you eat bacon?" I asked, scooting out of the tent on my butt.

"I'm Jewish."

"And Jews don't eat bacon?" I was clueless about a lot of things.

"Some don't."

"I didn't know you were Jewish."

"My last name is Benowitz," he said. "How could you not know? Does it bother you that I am?"

"No, not at all. I'm sorry to be so ignorant. I haven't met a lot of Jewish people."

"Don't worry about it," he said, bringing his arm around my waist. I poured him a cup of coffee. He thanked me with a kiss. "I'm so excited for today. Thank you for inviting me and thank you for the morning blow job. That was unexpected and undeserving."

This Saturday, the second Saturday in September, was one of the busiest days of the season. They needed as many guides as they could get. There were multiple bachelor and bachelorette parties, and tourist groups, among others. I bet there were a handful of solo travelers, too.

My raft consisted of eight men, seven of which were part of a bachelor party, including the groom. They were all novices, except Gabriel. Two naive, overly confident men volunteered to be up front. After hitting Big Mama, the 12 foot tall wave, one of those overly confident men lost all confidence and begged somebody to take his place. It was better to switch before we hit Maytag, another massive wave that could reach 15 feet. Gabriel was the only one who volunteered.