Chapter 6

Gabriel

I'd only been home for ten minutes when someone rang the buzzer. Juniper said he'd pick me up at five, but it was only four thirty. He was a half an hour early, and I was still in hospital scrubs. At least I'd finished packing. However, I couldn't wait to see him.

Dressed in old baggy jeans and blue hoodie, Juniper's dirty blond hair looked slightly damp as if he'd just gotten out of the shower and couldn't be bothered to comb his hair.

"I know I'm early," Juniper said. "I'm early for everything."

"That's okay. It's good to see you," I said, squeezing his firm bicep. He was clearly an athlete, physically fit from all those days of paddling like his life depended on it and pulling people into the raft. He had arms and abs I'd never seen before, at least with men I'd been with. He had no idea how stunning he was. He'd also been farming and did other manual labor his entire life.

"Nice place," he said.

"Yeah, but the view isn't as nice as yours," I said, tossing my name badge on the table.

On a clear day in his cabin, I bet he had a spectacular view of Mount Katahdin. I rented my apartment without seeing it in person, relying on photos online. It was spacious with beautiful hardwood floors, granite marble countertops, and a deck out back, but my view was of other apartment buildings. Bangor was still a city, although far more country-like than Boston and Brooklyn. I just had to walk fifteen minutes to find a forest.

I tossed my name badge on the table, which Juniper picked up and examined. "You're a doctor?" he asked.

I realized I didn't act like much of a respected physician. "Surprising, huh?"

"Yeah, I had no idea."

"Doctors aren't infallible. Make yourself at home. I'm just gonna get changed."

With Juniper in the other room, I dug out some jeans and a t-shirt and proceeded to undress. As I tossed my hospital scrubs in my laundry basket, I discovered Juniper in my room, perfectly naked. At first I lost my voice, stunned at his presence. His beauty overwhelmed me. "Is this why you came early?" I asked as he approached me.

"Maybe," he said, directly in front of me, so close there was hardly any space between us. His lips brushed against the side of my neck. I was stupid to think we could only be friends.

"How old are you?" I asked as he slipped his hands inside the back of my boxers.

"Twenty-five. Why?"

"I have this rule that I never go out with or sleep with anyone five years or more years older or younger than I am, and I'll be thirty-five in three days."

"So? I'll be twenty-six on New Years Eve. That's a stupid rule." He pushed my boxers down to my thighs. He was already hard and rubbed his dick against mine, kissing my neck. I loved his lips on my neck. I barely touched him yet he moaned as I dug my fingers into his lower back. He bit down on my shoulder as I squeezed his ass. He brought his lips to mine, backing me onto my bed. I admired his self-confidence. He lay on top of me, running his fingers through my hair, gazing into my eyes. "I've thought about you all week."

"Me too. Fuck rules. I never followed them before. Oh, shit..." I muttered as he kissed my chest, scooting down my body. I had a hard time believing he'd never been with a man. He was the most confident gay virgin I'd ever met. But I'd also seen men who'd finally discovered who they were and went wild with sexual curiosity. Juniper was experiencing delayed adolescent raging hormones. He held my dick, examining it before dragging his tongue along the tip. He fingered my balls, taking my dick in his mouth. He sucked until it hardened. "Have you been doing research?" I asked as he pushed my legs back, licking my hole. I would have preferred to take a shower, but Juniper didn't seem to care. He was desperate for something. "Wait, Juniper. I don't have anything," I said regrettably. After the disaster with Cole, I threw out my condoms and lube, swearing off men.