NINE

MIRACLE
________________

"OKAY, THE WORD IS, Cole, Z, Jack, Quinny, and Luke are all coming tonight," America tells us, flopping down on my bed as Jemma curls another strand of my hair.

"Seriously?" I groan, tossing my head back. "My brothers coming?"

"Pretty sure your brother and Jack are like together at this point, so yeah," America teased, taking a bite of a slice of pizza.

"Where'd you get pizza?" Jemma whined.

America shrugged. "Downstairs. Boys ordered it."

"What the fuck?" I snapped, jumping to my feet, hair only just finished being curled, fully still in an oversized tee and sleep shorts with little sleeping cows on them, black crew socks on my feet to keep me warm and definitely no bra. "And they didn't think to tell us?"

"I genuinely think they're trying to hide it from us, actually," America laughed. "Had to threaten no sex for a week to get this."

"I will threaten no sex for life in a sec," Jemma cried, offended her boyfriend hadn't thought to include her in the pizza eating.

"Well I have no one to threaten so I'll just take a slice," I joked, running down the stairs with the two girls behind me, full intentions of getting pizza.

"I'm sure if you told Jack you'd never screw him he'd give you an entire box," Jemma giggled.

In the kitchen stood the boys around the counter, all happily joking and laughing sharing multiple pizza's between them. Trevor's got his head in his phone, not even eating, so I can't target him. Jack, on the other hand, is mid-bite, staring at me with wide eyes, like he'd been caught out doing something much more damning than eating pizza without me.

Still, it's enough to make a pout form on my lips and my eyebrows to knit together.

"Jack Rowden Hughes so help me if you ordered pizza and didn't tell me about it," I bite, stomping right for him.

Now, I'm a small girl, in socks and pyjamas, so I wouldn't exactly call me intimidating. But, the way Jack drops the slice he'd eating, holding his hands above his head in surrender as his eyes fly open wide makes me think that maybe Jack is a little intimidated by me.

"H-hey, babe!" He splutters. It feels like he's been caught cheating. I stomp right up to him, so that I'm directly in front of his frame, pointing my chin up to meet him, our noses nearly touching. I'm trying to look scary, but the way Jack is suddenly smirking has me thinking maybe I'm coming across as cute. "You're adorable."

Yep, cute. Shit.

I decide to play.

"Where my pizza?" I pout, still so close to him I can feel the warmth radiating from his body. He smells fucking delicious. A mix between his cologne, whiskey and vanilla.

Something flashes in his eyes, an emotion I can't decipher. It's a cross between mischief and something else. "You want mine, sweetheart?"

"Well, I want somebody's!"

"Have mine, Mira," Trevor shouted from the fridge as he pulls himself out a beer, then hands a second to Jack. "You don't wanna swap spit with this dickhead."

"Kinda feels like she might," Jack murmurs, low enough that only I can hear.

"What the fuck is taking you guys so long to get ready?" Cole asks, stuffing his face.

"Well maybe, if you guys told us there'd be pizza we would have hurried up!" Jemma retorts, pushing as Cole's head.

"He's right though, Uber is fifteen away, hurry up," Quinn announces.