Dignified Reunion.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song if I put one in.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(My take on the potential encounter with Huggy in chapter 3 lol.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

He should have killed them.

Why isn't he moving?

The moment they spotted his remains, the ex-employee knew they were fucked. Motionless to the unseeing eye, but their enhanced vision thanks to their new mask allowed them to witness the shallow breaths. Chest rising. His pupils responding to the light, tracking their every move.

I suppose he wants to. He just can't.

Pain and suffering is what led them here. Witnessing the monsters tear each other apart, betrayed once again by someone they thought to be trusted. It was ironic, considering that Huggy Wuggy was the most docile threat they came across in quite some time.

The nightmare (as they dubbed the unknown purple creature, it refused its given game, not like they blamed it), chased them through the underground. And somehow, the ex-employee stumbled upon Huggy leaning himself against the wall, Kissy only leaving their vision the moment they stepped in the room.

Ha-Ha. I'm screwed.

Huggy's eyes (well, remaining eye) only tracked their movements as they paced back and forth in the space. Full of confusion, pain, betrayal, he didn't register his would-be killer currently panicking over their unfortunate circumstances. All he knew is that he wanted them to stop. By any means necessary.

He growled, letting the pest know that their human habits were annoying him. The human froze, backing away with primal fear in their eyes, seeable even through their little mask.

He's angry. Shit. It's better than dealing with the Nightmare right now.

The ex-employee let out a held in breath, examining Huggy's injuries. A left eye missing, his arms torn and bloody, stuffing popping out of every tear. Along with blood spewing through his fur. With his continuous amounts of whimpers, they felt it safe to assume that he wouldn't be attacking them anytime soon. Before remembering that he was their would-be killer, a flicker of sympathy coursed in their chest. They cursed their human emotions.

It only meant them getting hurt in the end.

Maybe I can take off this mask. It's suffocating me. It reminds me of Mommy's hands. They never stopped squeezing.

Their hands tore off the latch, the ex-employee's face revealing itself to Huggy. Expecting him to snarl, or even possibly kill them, their arms instinctively came up to shield their face. Preparing for their inevitable death-

Why isn't he doing anything?

Opening their eyes (when had they closed them?), they were only met with Huggy's solem gaze, his eyes dimming with each amount of blood he lost to his injuries. It was clear the predator wasn't in control anymore, only the normal toy who didn't know how he had gotten here in the first place. Releasing a series of whines, the giant mascot's eyes landed on them, a brief glimmer of hope passing before his eyes narrowed in suspicion.