Creepy Crawley.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(My take on what could happen if Mommy Long Legs meets the Player/Poppy. Don't consider this canon. Purely written from my imagination.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

The Huggy Wuggy toy is soft in her hand. Much smaller than the spider like being, but unconscious and sleeping peacefully within the vessel to recover from his horrible fall curtesy of the intruder and Poppy forcing him to lure them to her hideout to be reunited. Not knowing the name of the little flesh thing that entered her part of the factory, Mommy ended up chording the name little intruder as she heard it's meaning in the human world.

Someone not meant to be somewhere.

Observing her little dolls trying to fend off the intruder and failing to stop them and Poppy, her hands twitched seeing the little within the flesh thing's arms, placing her on their back and patting her head as if she were a mere a child. Poppy was so much more compared to this mere mortal.

The experiments helped us become a danger to society. Poppy thinks otherwise.

Why did her little doll choose to side with the intruder? Attacking her own kind and being absolutely fine with the damage caused in the process? Tightening her grasp on Huggy, she brought the littlest version of him to her eyes, meeting his own which shone with pain and despair.

Mommy wanted for take it away. She could only do so much...bringing them back from the dead despite their protests of wanting to be free. A selfish part of the spider toy refusing to let them be free if she can't escape from this God forsaken factory.

Why can't I be free?

Poppy was allowed to move wherever she wanted if a human willingly carried the doll to the location she desired. Meanwhile, Mommy's told she had to stay to take care of the younger toys so they don't cause trouble. Resentment built up over the years, but she had no desire to hurt the little doll! Poppy was still a child and wouldn't be treated as such. Taken care of and to be cared for despite their differences.

Remaining the mother figure role she had been forced to take on. A vessel forgetting its spirit's name as she had stopped communicating decades prior to Mommy gaining this much sentience. It felt so great to have control over her own body...

The men in white wouldn't like me moving around this much. Always wanted taking kids in and forcin' me to be maternal.

Mommy had grown to love her new kids. Siblings. Children. Hers to care for. They included Poppy in the last of toys that belonged to Mommy to care of. But the little doll had ran away years ago due to not being happy with the way things ran.

She hadn't been found since.

"You opened my case."

Mommy's eyes widened a tad, a smile creeping up her mouth as her tongue flickered out of control for a moment before settling at the unsaid mention of prey and a new possible resident of her area of this hellish facility. Poppy sounded as if she were waking from a dream.

Perhaps she would greet the little intruder.

***

The intruder carried Poppy on their back as they ventured into her territory. Poppy explained vaguely what happened in the factory. Clearly the memories were too haunting for her to want to her into.