Mercy.

Disclaimer: I don't own Poppy Playtime (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song if I put one in.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Follow-up to 'Instinct.' Read it if you want Lol.)

(Hope you enjoy.)

They know that they were many hunting them for what they have done. The sins they have committed in the eyes of the toys are not what they have been running from. They had never feared death, no, they were afraid of the way they would die. Slow and tragically, quickly with a snap to the neck, or a peaceful one like dying in your sleep. Never to awaken unless you ended up in heaven or hell.

I got lucky.

The thing that eventually caught up to them was a mascot not even the ex-employee had predicted to turn volatile. Cornered at the end of the hallway, her usually plastic eyes were filled with hatred, venom as her gaze settled on their shivering frame. They may have been the ones the defeat Huggy and Mommy, but it was thank to sheer luck and last minute planning on their part that they survived the ordeals.

This is your chance to exceed vengeance.

Her pink form knelt down on one knee, her yellow gloves hand curling around their neck. Not threatening enough to kill them, but to send a warning. She allowed them enough air room to breathe, only to squeeze if they tried escaping from her hold. The pink version of Huggy was not happy that she allowed a murderer to roam around her home, killing and injuring some of her and Huggy's mini counterparts.

Make them suffer. Make them pay for what they did him.

Kissy Missy wasn't fond of the human anymore.

But shouldn't you wait? We don't know why they did this. Maybe they had a reason.

They weren't able to speak either. Making it even worse now that they weren't able to make a point as to why she needed to let them live. Poppy had been missing for quite a while, maybe she would've reasoned with the pink mascot. The problem was that Kissy didn't want to end the human's life, she also didn't want them unpunished for killing the only mother figure in the factory, and attacking her little (big, technically older) brother that she hadn't seen in over a decade.

Kill them.

And finding his injured, lifeless form on the ground triggered something within her host. Wishing for Kissy Missy to exact vengeance on the one responsible for their misery.

They are Poppy's. We don't hurt what is Miss Poppy's. Miss Poppy will be very mad.

The human interrupted Kissy's fighting selves by gently grabbing her wrist. The pink, realistic fur tickling the back of their hand as the pink mascot's expression turned into that of confusion. She was certainly more patient than there would be killers, all of whom had fallen by their hands. Their eyes and facial expressions said it all, not needing words to communicate, something only Kissy thought her and Huggy to be capable of.

You're not a monster.

They were injured, that much was clear. The caretaker within Kissy begged her to help the human, even if her limbs refused any commands regarding Huggy's attacker. To the human, Kissy's eyes had faded to the obscure black with white pricks, signifying that she given into her darkness which commanded her to hurt anyone in her way. She let out a high pitched shriek, tossing the human to the side, watching as they stood to stare at her current shaking frame.

Make them pay for what they did.

She didn't want to kill them, she didn't want to hurt them, why were these thoughts plaguing her mind?-

Calm yourself. Get up. Do your job.

As a last line of a defence, Kissy made herself run on autopilot. All it saw was an injured little flesh thing, using its host's body to croon in greeting. She dragged the ex-employee to the infirmary, where they received the shock of their life as they registered Huggy laying on a makeshift bed on the floor, severely injured, bruised, and dead to world around him. They instantly launched themselves in Kissy's arms, only now knowing what their actions had caused to the toys who cared for one another like family. They didn't mean to. They had nothing else to say than they were sorry.

She didn't hug them back. Registering that they weren't going to be forgiven so soon, the ex-employee pulled away, resting their head against Kissy's as she allowed the contact. She didn't object as they walked away, a hint of remorse on their blank face. Huh, the human could feel things too.

They weren't like her, Huggy, and the others. They needed to to do whatever it took to survive. Understandable, too, when looking at things from their point of view.

After all, they were only human.