Chapter 15

AIDAN'S POV

                                   I cut off the engine of my car as I pull up in front of Paris's house. I got a text frim him earlier saying that he wanted to talk. He's been acting weird somce the night of that party, and I'm beginning to get a little worried. I get out of my car and spot Trey's car parked by the curb in front of the house.

'I wonder what he's doing here." I think to myself as I step onto the porch. I ring the doorbell and listen as the melody plays throughout the house.  A few seconds later, someone opens the door and I'm met with thr smiling face of Mrs.Sharp.

"Aidan honey!" She yells gleefully before pulling me into a tight hug. I hug her back as I breathe in her scent. She smells like sugar cookies and ginger. We pull away from eachother and she affectionately pats my cheek. We walk into the house and she closes the door behind us.

"So, do you have any idea why Paris called this meeting?" Mrs. Sharp gives me a curious look and I shake my head, suddenly confused.

"No, he just told me he wanted to talk about something. I didn't know there was a 'meeting'. You don't think he's in trouble do you?" I ask, eyebrows furrowed and worry is beginning to seep into my voice. Mrs. Sharp lays a gental hand on my shoulder and squeezes.

"I hope not." After that we make our way into the living room. Trey, Andy, Mr. Sharp, and Paris's grandma, Anika, were all sitting around. Well, Paris was standing off to the side, seemingly lost in his thoughts. He looks up as he hears his mom and I enter the room. Our eyes meet, but he hurriedly looks away, pain flashing  in his eyes. I look at Trey, but he avoids my gaze. What's going on?

"Ok, Son we're all here, so what did you need to tell us?" Mr. Sharp asks. He was sitting in a leather recliner while Mrs. Sharp sat on the arm. I look around the room and decide to take a seat on the loveseat facing the fireplace, which was where Paris was currently standing. He takes a deep breath and look at all of us.

"Four months ago, at a party, Christy and I got drunk and...well, she's pregnant." He tells us. Everybody is shocked and silent. I'm frozen in my seat and my mind is racing. That was around the time we started dating.

"I'm going to be a father of a little boy." He says quietly. Still nothing is said until the silence is broken by Grandma Anika.

"When I said I wanted grandchildren I didn't think you would take me so seriously." She says in awe. It would have been comedic, hadn't this been a serious situation. I look over at Paris's parents to see that his mom has a light sheen of tears in her eyes while his dad is emotionless. Andy is still in silent shock. Trey seemed to be the only one not surrprised, and I have the feeling he already knew.

"How long have you known?" Mrs. Sharp asks, finally speaking. Paris lookks down at his shoes and gives out another sigh.

"Since Friday at Bobby Penn's party. She met me there and we talked." Paris informs us. I'm still frozen as my thoughts twist and turn in my mind. A baby? His mom nods. Light tears are rolling down her face one at a time.

"I'm so sorry. I was stupid and I made a mistake." Paris apologizes fervently. We finally make eye contact and I have to clear my throat before I speak.

"You cheated on me?" I whisper. I can feel emotional pain flowing through my body. Paris's eyes grow wide and he shakes his head so fast I'm afraid it might come off.

"NO! No, I would never. It was before we started dating." He says. The pain stops its journey. but iy's still there. I can feel the tears building up and I struggle to hold them back. Why an I crying? Paris looks pained. I look around the riim at all the faces watching us and I suddenly feel embarrassed. The first tear spills over and Paris is by my side faster than humanly possible. He tries to pull me into aa hug but I roughly shrug away from him. Mr. and Mrs Sharp have sad expression on their faces. Andy and Trey are both quiet and also watching the exchange.  Anika is surprisingly quiet and solemn.