Chapter 24

PARIS'S POV

I sigh in relief at the sight of Aidan's car in his driveway. I pull up behind it and turn off my car before hopping out and jogging to his front door. I close my eyes and knock. A couple of seconds go by before the door is opened by Ian. His face is sad and his eyes are a bit red as if he had been crying. The man's shoulders are sagging as if the world has just been placed on them and his hair is disheveled and sticking up in several directions from him running his hand through it. I clear my throat before speaking.

"Can I- can I speak to Aidan, please?" I asks. Ian sniffles and nods before letting me into their house.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him as he closes and locks the door. He ruefully shakes his head and sighs.

"Aidan's upstairs." He tells me. I watch as he walks off in the direction of the kitchen before climbing the grand staircase. I walk down the hall until I reach his door and tentatively knock. Its silent for five minutes and I can here the small, light snores coming from behind the door. I knock again and the sound of him shifting on the bed can be heard.

"Go away." His voice comes through the door muffled, heavy with sleep and tears. My heart clenches at the pain he must be going through.

"Its me." A few beats of silence go past until he speaks again.

"What do you want?" He asks curtly. I wince, but hold my ground.

"Aidan, we need to talk. I need to explain what happened." I plead. I can here him snort and get off the bed. The sound of his approaching footsteps registers in my ears and I shift on my feet as he harshly opens the door. I gulp as I take in his disheveled appearance. Purple bags are under his eyes resembling bruises and his face is flushed from crying. I can tell his nose is stuffy by how red it is, and his hair greatly resembles a rat's nest.

"What is there to explain?! The fact that I caught you kissing your ex-girlfriend? The way she was all over you?" He yells. I wince, because I'm 100% sure that Ian and Mr.Michaels heard what he just said.

"Aidan ple-" I begin, but I'm cut off.

"I thought you loved me, Paris. I thought you wanted to be with me! You promised! You promised! Or do you not remember?" He shouts as he points to his promise ring.

"I loved you. I still love you, but its obvious you don't love me back. I don't blame you though. Of course you would want Christy. She's pretty, the mother of your child-" I interrupt him by slamming my hand against the wall. He jumps and I can here the sound of Ian and Mr. Michaels running up the steps. I clench my jaw and Aidan's eyes widen as I grab his arm and pull him to me. Ian and Mr.Michaels stop a few feet away from us.

"I do love you, I do! If I didn't I wouldn't have came after you. I don't give a damn about Christy. She can suck Santa's left nut for all I care. She came to my house spewing shit about wanting to see the baby. I didn't even invite her in! She just pushed through, and when I tried to make her leave she went all 'oh, I'm so sexy, and don't you want a piece of me?'." I tell him. Aidan just keeps his eyes on the floor and chuckles humorlessly.

"Well, from what I saw, you did." He mutters angrily. I grunt in frustration.

"Dammit, Aidan. I didn't kiss her, she kissed me. I was about to pull away and that's when you walked in. Aidan, I would kill myself before hurting you in any way. You and Daniel are my world. You guys are all that I need. I'm sorry, okay? I'll apologize, because I should have closed the door in her face when I saw that it was her on my doorstep. Aidan, you have to believe me. I love you with all my heart. I don't know what I'll do if you leave me. Please believe me." I slide down to my knees and bury my face into his stomach. I reach up and wrap my arms around his waist. Tears are sliding down both out faces and I try to muffle my sobs in Aidan's stomach. Everything is quiet and still as he stands there. Mr. Michaels and Ian have long ago made their way elsewhere when they saw that nobody was hurt...physically. Slowly, Aidan reaches down and buries his hands into my hair. He gently runs his fingers through the brown locks and I tighten my hold around his waist as he shudders. Aidan slowly slides down so that we're hugging each other while sitting on the floor outside his bedroom door. I grasp at the back of his shirt and take in his strawberry scent.

"Please, don't leave me. Please. I need you. I-" I'm silenced by Aidan's lips on mine. I lean back to look at him and he uses his thumbs to wipe away my tears. He gives a small chuckle and resorts to wiping my cheeks with his sleeve. I smile ruefully and sniffle.

"Okay. I wouldn't be able to stay mad at you any way." He whispers. I instantly pull him into another bone crushing hug, kissing him all over his face. He pulls back and stands up before reaching a hand down to me. I grab it and allow him to help me stand up. I pull him into my arms again. For some reason I can't stop hugging him.

"Aidan?"

"Yes."

"Can I stay the night? I-I need to hold you." He nods and takes my hand, leading me into his room. He softly closes the door behind us and makes sure to click the lock in place. Without speaking, we shed our clothes and climb into his bed. My heart skips a beat as the moonlight shines on his naked body. I place a kiss on his lip before pulling him into my chest. He rests his head on my chest, and slowly but surely, we fall asleep in each others arms.

___________________________________________________________________________

Just a quick update. I couldn't stand the misunderstood heartbreak. Anyways the next chapter will probably be the last one except for the epilogue. </3

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter.

COMMENT <3

-IFLYEE