15.

I opened my eyes and found myself in the infirmary tent, the noise of the battle outside having faded away. I looked around me and I was alone, the only sound being the gentle flapping of canvas in the wind. I could feel a bandage around my head and I could tell I had been tended to by a medic. I slowly sat up, my body having no aches or pains making me frown to myself. My hand quickly ran across my neck, smooth undamaged skin below my fingers.

As I continued to sit up, I heard a sudden gasp of surprise. I looked up to see a nurse rushing towards me. "Min dame, please, you need to stay in bed," she said with a Norwegian accent and a concerned look on her face. She quickly checked the bandage on my head and began to inspect my body for any other wounds. I could tell she was relieved to find that I was unharmed. I quickly took off the blanket, not even caring about my shredded clothing, "I need to find them"

She grabbed my arm gently, "Min herre insisted you needed rest". My eyebrows furrowed as I asked in confusion, "Who?"

"Lord Sorenson", she explained to me with a smile trying to relieve my confusion, however, it only muddled me more.

"Knox?", I asked but she quickly tried to pull me back to the bed as she begged, "Min dame, please"

"I'm sorry-", I apologize ripping my arm out of her grasp. I ran out of the tent, my eyes widening as I saw a sea of soldiers looking at me with confused and curious stares. I could see flags and banners of different countries waving in the wind, and the sound of swords clashing and guns firing filled the air. I could feel the tension and the fear around me and my heart raced in my chest. I quickly looked around, feeling lost and confused, and I knew I had to find Knox. I cried out into the sea of people, "KNOX! ALEXANDER!", as I looked around frantically.

"Mi dame!", I heard the shouts of the nurse as she came running after me. I spun around and shouted at her confused, "Why are you calling me that?!"

"Please, you need to come back", she begged me with concerned eyes looking around at the men. I shook off her hands yelling at her, "I'm fine!"

"Ms. Madden?", a voice cut off the conversation as I looked to see who was calling me. A beautiful woman dressed in royal clothing appeared amid the chaos. She had long blonde hair cascading down her back, and her eyes were a deep emerald colour that shone with intelligence. She wore a long, flowing gown of royal purple with intricate gold designs embroidered along the hem. Around her waist was a belt of gold coins, and a diadem of jewels adorned her head. She stood tall and regal, surveying the scene with a commanding presence.

"Yes?", I asked with an uneasy voice looking at the woman walking over to me slowly. She introduced herself, "I'm Cassandra, Fredrik's wife. Knox's brother, are you okay?"

"Where the bloody hell are they?", I asked with a raised voice as at this point I didn't care who I pissed off. I needed to find them, it was as if my heart called out to them.

"I'll take you to them, but you need shoes first" She laughs at me softly eyeing my appearance and making me look down at my soaked socks.

Cassandra looked passed me to the nurse demanding softly, "Can you fetch her some shoes please, and a coat". The woman complied easily saying, "Yes min dame, right away"

I look around at the men staring at me, "Who the hell are these people?"

"I'm not sure how much you know. I always have the habit of spoiling things so no one should be quite mad if I tell you. This is Lord Sorenson's army, they came from Norway hours back. Lord Soreson is Knox Sorenson, your beloved.", she explained with a smile as I picked up on her American accent. A southernness popped through her tone as I eyed her carefully. I asked confused, "My what?". My beloved? The word was foreign to me, never heard of it myself.