10.

Everyone had been placed on their flank as we walked within the dark forest in the night. Knox was far from me, in flank B across a kilometre away from me. Xander was in the front of the triangle, a ways from me about 2 kilometres away. I stood beside Daniel, Finn's brother Mark and three other men from the village.

"Addy?", I heard Daniel's voice coming from my right making me spin around to see him looking off into the distance. I whispered to him, eyeing the rest of the group walking further ahead of us, "Yeah?"

Daniel looked at me with a serious expression saying quietly, "Come on, I think I heard something over here". The rest of the group was slowly disappearing in my vision as the inky darkness of the forest swallowed them whole.

"Should we get the others?", I ask him with a worried tone as it seemed better to take down this beast of a creature with more firepower.

"No, no come on", he said quickly grabbing my arm and pulling me away from the group. I became attentive to the sounds in the forest, trying to listen to whatever Daniel had heard. Daniel began running with me, and I followed suit next to him with my arm in his hand. But something didn't feel right, something in my head told me to stop.

"Daniel? What are you doing--we have to get back to the oth-"

"NO! No--we need to talk", Daniel screamed at me, his face contorted with rage. His eyes blazed with fury as he shouted at me, his veins bulging with anger. I could feel the heat radiating off of him as he screamed, and I could see his hands shaking with rage.

"Can't this fucking wait?", I ask desperately.

"What are you doing with them, huh!?", Daniel's voice was shaking with rage as he shouted at me, his words sharp and piercing. He was breathing heavily, and his voice was full of anger and frustration.

I was confused and asked, "What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

Daniel snarled, "You think you can just waltz in here and start hanging out with them? They don't give a shit about you, they just want something from you. You should be with me, not them. You belong to me!" His eyes were blazing with jealousy as he spoke, and his fists were clenched in rage. He was breathing heavily, and his voice was full of anger and frustration. I could feel the tension radiating off of him as he spoke, and I could see his muscles tensing with rage.

I pleaded desperately, my voice trembling with fear. "They have been helping me with the hunt and have been nothing but kind to me."

"No, no they are not your friends", he screamed making me flinch at his reaction.

"They will use you Adelaide, they only want you for your looks and that body", he yelled with rage and jealousy making me scoff at his words.

"Fuck you, you know nothing about them", I shouted back at him, my voice full of disbelief and anger.

"Oh really?" he hissed with mockery, "You think they're your friends? You think they care about you? You're so naive, Adelaide. They don't care about you, they just want to use you." His words were filled with disdain and mockery, and I could feel the tension radiating off of him.

"I doubt that", I mutter with anger filling my veins as I listen to him. I started to walk away, but before I could take a step, Daniel's hand was suddenly on my arm, gripping me tightly. He yanked me harshly towards him, and I stumbled, barely managing to keep my balance. He then threw me violently against a nearby tree, and I let out a grunt of pain as my back connected with the rough bark. He stepped closer to me, grabbing my waist with one hand and the other around my neck. I hiss out lowly, "Let me go, Daniel".

His eyes were wild with rage, and an insane glare was in his eye as he screamed, "You belong to me! You are mine! Nobody else's!"

I felt disgusted at the thought of his hands on me. His grip was tight and uncomfortable, and I could feel his hot breath on my face. His wild rage and insane glare made me feel very uneasy, and I felt powerless against his strength. I could feel my heart racing and my stomach churning with fear and revulsion.