5.

As I opened the creaky door, standing in front of the entrance was Knox and further back was, as I guessed, Xander. Knox had looked as he did last night, in long grey trousers with a black dress shirt rolled up displaying his veiny arms.

His piercing blue eyes looked into mine as my eyes scanned his perfect face. His black hair was swept to the side, flawlessly styled with pomade with not a single hair out of place. My eyes flickered to the man in the back, the one I shut the door on, and I felt the shiver once more.

His bright hazel eyes looked into mine with curiosity, he was dressed like Knox with black slacks, suspenders and a white dress shirt unbuttoned revealing his collar bones and some chest. He was as handsome as Knox; they both could not compete with any man I have ever seen in my life.

"Come", Knox whispered lightly with a raised hand making me blush, but I did not pull away as I pressed my warm palm into his cold one. Our skin was in contact; I could not describe the sensation that flowed through my body.

My eyes widened and flew up to his, it felt like the warmest fire had erupted through my veins. Warming the deepest parts of my soul, but as I looked at him, he seemed relaxed as he tightened his grip on mine and pulled me gently out of the room. My eyes looked over to Xander's as I connected our gaze.

Xander's eyes were full of amusement as he examined me, his gaze full of curiosity and a hint of admiration. There was a twinkle in his eyes, an amused glint that made me blush even more as my heart skipped a beat.

"I'm sure an introduction is an order", Knox says as he gently pulls me towards the kitchen while Xander follows behind quietly. The little kitchen had a classic wooden table with four chairs. The walls were painted a muted yellow and the floor was covered with checkerboard tiles.

The kitchen was bright and cheerful, with natural light streaming in from the windows. On the table was a vase of fresh flowers, and a basket of freshly baked bread. I quickly sat down at the table, my nose picking up the sourdough bread and it felt like my hunger had come back.

Knox gracefully walked to the kitchen, his long strides and strong posture making my heart flutter. He was an athletic figure, his muscles visible underneath his shirt.

I admired his strong and athletic body as he sat next to me, the smell of his spicy cologne filling my nose as he did. Xander, on the other hand, was more relaxed in his posture as he sat next to me. His bright hazel eyes were still full of curiosity as he examined me, his gaze radiating admiration.

"My name is Alexander. Alexander Truiaghe, darling", Alexander spoke with a velvety English accent, his deep, smooth voice reverberating through the kitchen as he introduced himself. His pronunciation was perfect, as if he had been born speaking this accent. His voice had a calming, alluring quality to it that made me feel relaxed and at ease.

"Addy. Addy Madden. Nice to meet you", I mumble unable to make eye contact with the man. I could feel both their eyes on me, making me nervous under their gaze for some reason. Usually, I could look everyone in the eyes. I was stern with people and confident but these men...

They made my knees weak.

"Addy?", my eyes flickered to meet Alexander's who looked at me curiously as if he knew I was nervous by their presence. He asked with a smirk, "What's wrong, darling?"

"I-I have to go", I said with a stumble of my words as I looked to Knox who seemed to enjoy me talking with Alexander as he admired us. But my words caused him to furrow his brows saying, "You need to eat."

I groaned lowly covering my face with my arms as I placed my face on the table, remembering our deal for me to eat. I could hear them both chuckle, their deep laughs making me freeze at the sounds as they sounded so lovely to me.

Alexander stood up from his chair and walked over to the cabinets. His movements were graceful and confident, and he had a natural air of authority about him. He opened one of the cabinets and pulled out a plate and some utensils. He set the plate down on the table and then skillfully prepared the bread and cheese. His hands moved swiftly, and he was remarkably familiar with the kitchen. He placed the food in front of me with a smile, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Eat", he demanded with that usual smirk I have noticed not to leave his face. It felt like a trance from his words, as I slowly nodded unable to break my doe eyes from him. I slowly looked down at the food in front of me.

The jam was a thick, ruby-red color and it smelled sweet and tart. The cheese was a creamy white, with a sharp and salty flavour. The bread was lightly toasted and had a slightly crunchy texture. The aroma of the combination of jam, cheese, and bread was irresistible.

As I began to eat, the room was filled with a calming silence. I could feel Knox and Alexander's eyes on me, but it was a comfortable feeling. I was aware of their presence, but it was not oppressive or overwhelming. It was just a peaceful, comforting silence as I enjoyed the food they had prepared for me.

The only sound was the occasional clinking of the utensils against the plate and the occasional sound of me taking a sip of the tea. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, and I felt myself slowly relax and enjoy the moment.

I was confused as to why I felt so comfortable around them. I had not known them for long and yet I felt so relaxed and at ease in their presence. I was perplexed as to why I felt so comfortable in such an unusual situation with two strangers. I could not help but wonder why I felt so safe and why I felt so drawn to them.

Did they feel this? 

_____________________

Thoughts on the chapter?

We finally met Alexander! What are your thoughts on him?

Adelaide finally eats, thank the universe  :)

If you enjoyed the chapter, please leave a comment or vote to help the story reach more readers like you!