bedtime stories, jamie drysdale

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

in which [y/n] watches
as jamie reads their daughter
a bedtime story

s.her reader |  fluff  | romantic + platonic

It was silent in your home as you finished loading the dishwasher. You plopped two dish pods into it before starting it up. You and your family had just finished dinner. You whipped up some spaghetti and meatballs while Jamie, your husband, was at practice. By the time he returned home, the food was finished and ready to be eaten.

Jamie sat beside Lia, your daughter, at the dinner table. Although she could feed herself as she sat in her booster seat, she practically begged her dad to feed her. Jamie didn't mind. He would do anything for his little girl. He made sure to feed her some cut-up spaghetti noodles in between his bites of food. Lia was all giddy over the attention she was receiving from Jamie.

After dinner, Jamie went upstairs to help Lia get ready for bed. Lia was very pleased to have her dad helping her. Since the season started up again, Jamie sometimes arrived home when Lia was asleep meaning he didn't get to read her a bedtime story. Even though you would read her one the nights Jamie wasn't home, Lia still preferred for her dad to read it to her.

You dried your hands on one of the hand towels before shutting off the kitchen lights. You turned off the living room TV as well and made your way upstairs. You could see a soft light spilling from Lia's door and you could hear Jamie's soothing voice.

You quietly walked towards the halfway-opened door to Lia's bedroom. The little two-year-old was tucked in with a green dinosaur stuffed animal under her arm. Her dark hair fell on her small face as her eyes admired her dad's figure.

You leaned against the wall and watched the two with a smile.

Jamie was sitting on the edge of Lia's bed. His hands held a picture book called If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. He made sure Lia was able to see the colorful pictures as he flipped each page he read.

"When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw." Jamie softly read.

"Mouse can talk?" Lia questions. Her baby voice was too adorable.

Jamie laughed before nodding his head. He used his pointer finger to tap on the illustrated mouse. "This mouse can talk."

Lia nodded at her dad's words. She listened quietly as Jamie continued to read the story. By the time he had reached the end, Lia was fast asleep. Her soft snores brought a smile to his face. Jamie placed the book on the bookshelf beside Lia's bed before kissing her on the forehead. He turned off her lamp and made sure the nightlight was on.

When he turned around, his heart dropped to his ass at the sight of you leaning against the doorframe.

"Fuck, you scared me." He whispered as he walked towards you.

You had such a bright smile on your face and your eyes glistened with love. Jamie raised a brow at the sight of your lovey-dovey face.

"What?" He questions.

You sighed to yourself and brought your hands around his neck. "You're such a good dad." You speak lowly; not wanting to wake Lia.

"You think so?"

You hummed as your finger twisted around his hair. "Lia loves you so much. You're so good with her, Jamie."

"I'm trying my best to be here as much as I can. I know it's not easy taking care of her alone and that I've been coming home late but I'm trying [Y/n]." Jamie says to you.

You give him a puzzled look before shaking your head. "Jamie, it's okay. Everything is fine as it is. Don't stress over how long practices or games are taking. Lia and I both understand that you're going to be busy with the new season. But regardless, you always make time for us. And we'll attend as many games as we can."

"I just don't want it to seem like I don't care. I love you and I love Lia. I want to be here for the both of you whenever you need me." Jamie explains.

"Hey, stop that. I know that you care and that you're trying your best and Lia knows that too. She may only be two years old but that little girl is very smart, you know." You give him a firm look.

"She gets that from her mom." Jamie grins at you and leans his forehead against your own.

"Well duh. She didn't get it from you." You joke which caused Jamie to playfully gasp.

His hands firmly gripped your waist as he looked into your eyes.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 820

hope you enjoyed <3
this ones a little short but
i thought it was a cute idea !

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆