book buddies, luca fantilli

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

in which [y/n] and luca
have another book talk

s.her reader |  fluff  | platonic

You sat quietly on one of the folding chairs by the dock of the lake house. A book was settled on your lap and an ice-cold glass of lemonade was in your hand. You had your sunglasses covering your eyes and your once wet body had dried up from the sun.

You and your brothers had the lake house to yourselves for the next two weeks before your parents arrived. Your brothers made sure to use that advantage. They each invited a few of their hockey friends and raided the local liquor store for beers. You on the other hand didn't feel the need to invite anyone for the time being. Your plan was to sit back and relax for the next two weeks since you had successfully finished your first year of college. However, your brothers' plans had interfered.

"[Y/n], you comin' on the boat?" Trevor asked as he walked up to you. He was helping Jack set up the boat so they could go out deeper into the water.

You shook your head. "Not today. I'm gonna tan and read."

Trevor playfully whispered the word 'nerd' under a cough. He gave you a cheesy grin before rushing over to one of the trunks that held the spare life vests.

You watched as all the boys began to pour out the side door of the lake house. All of them wearing swimming trunks and sunglasses. Most of them carry a few beers and some snacks. The others held towels and other objects you couldn't make out from the distance.

They all had to walk by you to get to the dock and load up the boat. Each of them either said 'hello' or gave you a nod as a greeting.

Luca was one of the last boys to emerge from the lake house. Unlike the others, he wore a white t-shirt with his swim shorts and a tired expression. His eyes scanned the view of the water and the boat before they landed on your sitting figure. He put a little boost in his step as he neared you and took a seat on the folding chair beside yours.

"Not going on the boat?" You questioned. You folded your legs over each other and shifted your head in his direction.

Luca scratched at his upper back before answering. "I'm kinda tired. Decided to sit this one out for today."

"Go nap in one of the guest rooms. You'll get good sleep since their loud asses won't be in the house anymore." You jabbed your thumb behind you, signaling at the lake house.

He laughed a little at your comment before sighing. "I'm not tired enough to sleep."

"Well then, you're stuck with me for a while." You grin before glancing back at your book.

"Sounds like torture." Luca joked. "What are you reading?" He asked while scooting his chair closer to take a look at your book. His arm brushed against yours but neither of you seemed to mind.

Luca was one of the only guys out of your brother's friends that you were close to and consider a friend of your own. Trevor was like another brother to you which was not a good or a bad thing at the same time. Sometimes he'd get protective over you whenever Jack wasn't around if he needed to be, which you appreciated. Occasionally.

You could spend hours talking to Luca. He was a very good listener and gave good pieces of advice. He was definitely a great help when it came to the start of you attending UMich. He was like your own map.

You placed your pointer finger on the page you were reading before folding over the cover and showing it to Luca.

"The Weight of Blood. Sounds...dark." He says while scanning the cover. The girl printed on it with a tiara and bloody face didn't seem like the typical romance books he had seen you read. "I thought you weren't a fan of horror books?"

"I'm not, but I wanted to try something different since I'm always reading romance and fantasy novels. I went to the library at school and the librarian was telling me about this book and how much she enjoyed reading it so I decided to give it a try." You explained.

"Do you like it?"

"I'm only a few pages in but the start had me at the edge of my seat. The way of detail that the author writes and the suspense has been driving me crazy."

Luca nodded, "how far are you into it?"

"Only fifteen pages, why?" You ask.

"I wanna read it too. Start it over so I can catch up."

You weren't surprised at what Luca had said. Whenever you were reading and he'd happen to walk by, he would always spare a few moments and listen to you read some chapters of the book to him or let you vent out your frustrations about the characters or the plot.

You and Luca had a nice and calm friendship. You both got along with each other quite easily the day Luke introduced him and his other friends to you before you started at UMich. You were glad to have a friend like Luca who kept his chill and friendly demeanor around you.

Luca pushed his chair close to you until they were touching arm rest to arm rest. You flipped through the pages to get to the front and settled the book between the both of you. Luca read at the same pace that you did, so it wasn't a long wait to see if he was ready for the page to be flipped or not.

You and Luca read quietly together. You barely noticed when your brothers announced that they were leaving on the boat.

By the time all of them returned, the sun was beginning to set. You and Luca were still in the same spots. 215 pages into the book. Neither of you stopped to take a bathroom break or to get something to drink. The book had the two of you in a trance.

As the boys and your brothers hopped off the boat and tied it up, they each took a peak at the book to see why you both were hooked on it.

"Both of you, come eat." Your oldest brother, Quinn said while snatching the book from your hands.

"Quinn! I didn't bookmark where we were!"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 1106

hope you enjoyed <3

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆