first time meeting, jack hughes

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

in which [y/n] meets jack's parents
for the first time.

s.her reader |  fluff | romantic + platonic

You sat quietly in the passenger seat of Jack's car. The soft voice of Laufey filled the small space and softly poured out the open windows. Your head faced down as you played with the moveable ring on your finger. Your body was filled with nerves; you couldn't help but overthink the outcome of the night.

"Hey, are you alright?" Jack asked from beside you. He took a quick glance at you, noticing your fidgeting. Jack removed his right hand from the stirring wheel and set it on your thigh.

The warm contact of Jack's hand on your skin was comforting. You sighed before letting out a light hum.

"I'm just a little nervous about meeting your mom and dad." You say truthfully.

"Don't be. They're gonna love you, I promise. Plus, you've already met Quinn and Luke, and they adore you." Jack says with full confidence. Not one bone in his body thought that his parents wouldn't like you. When he told them that you'd be joining him on their usual monthly dinners, they were thrilled.

You smiled at his words but that smile didn't match with the unsettling feeling in your stomach. You've only had one other serious relationship in your life aside from Jack. In that relationship, you had yet to meet your ex's parents. You had no idea how an event like this is supposed to play out.

"You can't make promises like that, Jack."

The car comes to a slow stop before Jack turns his body in your direction. His blue eyes seemed brighter than usual and held nothing but excitement. He stared at you for a moment, not saying a word.

"I promise that my parents are so happy and excited to meet you. And that they're gonna love you probably more than they love me." He gives you a cheeky smile and pats your thigh. "Now get out of my car, we're here."

You took a deep breath before reaching for the door handle. Jack had already exited the driver's seat and was making his way around to get to you. He pulled open the passenger door and held out a hand to assist you. Your black-heeled boots touched the pavement of the driveway while your hand fell into Jack's. You heard him whistle at the sight of your outfit once you were out of the car.

"You're an idiot," you say.

Jack shrugs his shoulders while he locks the car. "And you're hot."

He begins to guide you towards his family's home. There were four other cars in the driveway and a yellow hue illuminated the porch from the windows. As the two of you inched closer and closer to the front door, you could hear muffled voices coming from inside the house.

"You ready?" Jack asks you. He gives your hand a comforting squeeze.

You nod, not trusting your voice just in case it said the opposite. Your heartbeat quickened when Jack raised his hand to open the door. He placed his other hand on your lower back and gave you a gentle push. You step into the house and are instantly greeted by a sensational aroma; there is a hint of cinnamon and vanilla in the air.

"Jack's home!" You heard a distant yell.

Jack began taking your coat off and hanging it up. He did the same with his own before grabbing your hand and leading you down the hall towards the living room.

His family all sat around on different parts of the sofa. His dad was in an off-white recliner, his eyes focused on a football game on the large TV screen. Jack's mom was the first to look up at the two of you, her face lit up at the sight of you.

"Oh, you're gorgeous! Jack, she's gorgeous!" That was the first thing Ellen Hughes said to you. She pushed her body up from the sofa and quickly shuffled in your direction. As Jack went to hug his mom, she pulled you into a hug instead. Taking both you and Jack by surprise.

"Welcome! It's so great to have you here!" She squeezed you tightly. Your arms hesitated for a moment but soon found their way around her upper back.

"It's so nice to finally meet you. Jack talks about you all the time when we're on the phone." Ellen says, ratting her second oldest son out instantly.

You laughed a little at the thought. "It's nice to meet you too. Thank you so much for inviting me."

Ellen swats Jack's arm, making him detach his hand from your own. She gently hooks her arm around yours and guides you around the living room. Leaving Jack to stand there with his mouth gapped.

Jack's dad had paused the game he was watching when Ellen ran to hug you. He got up from his chair and pulled you into a gentle hug as well. He gestures for you to sit down and get comfortable. Ellen joined you on the sofa while Jim began to talk to you about school.

"Jack told me that you're studying veterinary medicine?" He says but it comes off more as a question.

You nodded, "Yes, I am. I just got accepted into veterinary school but I have to finish my last few months as a senior in university." You confirm.

Jim and Ellen both begin to ask you about your major and about yourself. As you're talking, Jack leans against the back of the sofa where where brothers are sitting. Luke is watching his parents in amusement while Quinn has a smug look on his face.

"They completely forgot you exist." He laughs at Jack's glare.

"I'm never bringing her around again," Jack jokes. He was glad that you were getting along with his parents. However, he was looking forward to a hug from his mom, she gave the best hugs in the world.

Luke groans, "I'm hungry."

You take a quick look back at the three Hughes brothers. Both Quinn and Luke wave in your direction while Jack gives you a warm smile and a nod. You smile at the three but your eyes linger on Jack. He was definitely right about his promise that was for sure.

You bring your attention back to Jim and Ellen. The three of you share memories about Jack and about yourself. They were both warm people and it was easy to speak to them. Your nerves swept away instantly after hugging Ellen.

You were glad Jack brought you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

word count :: 1113

there goes the first imagine !
i want all of them to be at a decent length of 1000-ish words and i'm glad i hit that limit!
hope you enjoyed <3

𝓦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 . . . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔 ❪ hockey imagines ❫
❝ we found wonderland. ❞
    © 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥 ━━ -danify ゚𐦍༘⋆