Part 18: Visit?

~Time Skip~

"Minister Woo escaped... Princess Abigail is nowhere to be found." Emperor Ling casually spoke in his usual calm manner, gazing at the wine cup he was holding, while the Empress sat beside his throne.

By the afternoon, the Emperor convened an urgent meeting. Following the earlier incident, the festival was canceled, and security throughout the kingdom intensified.

"Yes, Your Majesty. If I may express my thoughts, I believe they took the Princess hostage on their way to the Jing Kingdom to negotiate an alliance," Alphonse exclaimed with his head bowed in front of everyone in the room.

"Your Majesty, we are willing to assist in finding the Princess if necessary, our kingdom is ready to cooperate." Prince Jerome of the Lotus Kingdom offered, a gentle grin adorning his face. 

He contemplated that this might be an opportunity to form an alliance with the Veoral Kingdom, since this was the primary reason for their visit.

Emperor Ling sighed, falling into a thoughtful silence. He absentmindedly played with his fingers, tapping them on the table in front of him, thinking of solutions that can solve this problem.

He took a deep breath and addressed everyone in the room. "For now, our priority is to locate Minister Woo before he reaches the barracks. We must prevent him from carrying out his plan," he paused briefly to choose his words carefully. "With the Princess missing, General Lex will lead the efforts beyond the Veoral Kingdom to trace any signs of Minister Woo. I expect him captured, dead or alive," Emperor Ling declared as he stood up from his seat.

However, Luke chose to voice his concerns, capturing everyone's attention as he called out to the emperor. "What about the Princess? Shouldn't we plan for her rescue? Confronting a hundred enemies is no small feat, and she might be severely wounded," he expressed, stepping forward to address everyone and fixing a penetrating gaze on the Emperor.

"If Princess Abigail is still alive, she'll find her way back. If she's already dead, there's nothing we can do about it" Emperor Ling responded as he walked through the hall with servants trailing behind him.

"How can you say that?" Luke asked, courtesy and concern evident in his tone as he faced the Emperor, who had now come to a stop in front of him.

"There's a reason I gave her the title of the Princess of War, even if she didn't grow up within these walls," the Emperor explained cryptically as he walked past Luke.

"W-what?" Luke murmured as he came with a realization, his eyes widening as he heard those words from the Emperor's mouth himself.

'Every noble is born within their own kingdom, blessed by the Emperor himself. However, if Abigail didn't grow up within these walls, it could go one of two ways,' Luke pondered to himself. He tilted his head and directed his gaze at Alphonse, who stood just a meter away, and they locked eyes. 'Considering that Duke Alphonse once led his army outside, he might have brought his daughter with him, even if she was just an infant. Or... Abigail didn't really belong in this kingdom,' he mused silently before looking away from the Duke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Meanwhile]

~Edward's POV~

A week had passed, however Minister Woo was yet not found. Every soldier was having a hard time finding him since my father had ordered to capture Minister Woo even if his body is already lifeless, afraid that he would use the information he has and make alliance with the Jing Kingdom and to start a war between them.