Part 13

"Seems like the two of you are having a good time" Mara spoke out of courtesy and approached the two while Edward and Luisa followed her from behind. Whereas their servants stayed a meter away from behind.

"Lady Mara" Philip greeted and so do Abigail.

"Seems like the two of you are already moving up to the next level" Mara teased an gave the two of them an amusing smile.

Yet, Abigail seemed to be not in the mood to face her at this very moment. She felt furious all of the sudden as she took a glance at Edward whose already looking at her with its tainted eyes.

"Lady Mara, please don't say such thing. Lady Abigail and I are already betrothed to one another so I'm guessing that showing affection in public is just normal, well as long as it's not inappropriate" Philip exclaimed, a small smile plastered in his face as he then hold Abigail by her waist and pulled her closer to him.

She didn't fought back on Philip's actions and just go with the flow, yet still stealing glances towards the man standing behind Mara.

He was looking at her with a hint of uncomfortable feeling shown in his eyes. His fist clenching without a certain reason as he looked at the two of them close to each other.

"Then... Congratulations to the both of you, actually, me and Prince Edward here is also filling up some documents so that our engagement would be official" Mara blabbered which made Abigail rolled her eyes without Mara noticing but still aware that Luisa saw how she acted.

Luisa just hold her laugh and looked away from them while Abigail decided to speak to cut Mara off.

"I deeply apologize but it's time for us to leave" She excused and turn to face Philip beside her.

The man then noticed the sign that Abigail was giving so he gave her a smile before looking at Mara.

"My lady is right... We still have important matters to attend to, please excuse us" Philip spoke as they both turned around and started walking away from the three.

"Then, I hope we'll see each other.... Again?"Mara hesitantly said but recieved no response from either of the two of them. She sighed deeply and looked away from them, an unhappy expression was noticed on her face.

At the same time, Edward sighed and left the the two without even saying goodbye. Walking in the opposite direction where Philip and his 'fiance' went.

When Luisa noticed that only she and Mara were the only ones left. She looked at Mara with a disgusted face as she walked near her.

"You know... You should drop the act Mara, you look disgusting" Luisa voiced out and chuckled, covering half of her face with a fan when she laughed.

On the other hand, Mara turned to see her with a surprised face. "L-Luisa? What do you mean?" She asked out of curiosity, trying to find the reason about the Princess sudden action.

Luisa rolled her eyes at her and just sighed before tapping the Lady's shoulder.

"Trying so hard ey? Do you really think that you can outstand Princess Abigail by using the tittle as my brother's 'soon-to-be-fiancee'? Well, as if that would come true though" She kept the amusing smile when she said those words.

Feeling So sure about it.

"I apologize but... You were clearly mis-"

"Sure... Sure, whatever you say" Luisa didn't let Mara finish her sentence and just gave her an annoying look before walking away where Edward had gone. Leaving her alone outside the hall.

"That bitch..." Mara uttered furiously and walked towards her carriage, with her maids following behind.

Meanwhile, Luisa was humming a song as she walked happily at the palaces' garden. Completely unbothered on her surrounding.