Part 12

"Important discussion should stay between me and the people from our Kingdom, I apologize but I cannot share some informations to you... Lord Luke" I exclaimed and bowed my head a little before looking at him in the eyes.

"I see, then atleast let me accompany you to where the Emperor is" He uttered and before I could even decline, he already walked passed me as he led the way.

I just sighed and quietly followed him towards where the Emperor is.

When we entered the hall, I wasn't expecting that... All royals are having their small meeting at the room.

Yet...

Only two people caught my attention, Mara and Edward was sitting next to each other, smiling, acting like a real couple just for everyone's eyes to see. Yet, why do I still feel like I'm affected?

Is it because I am aware that the two of them will get married sooner? or is it because I cannot change the destiny's plan that we're not bound to each other?

Whatever it is, I should not think about it now hence I still have work to do and tasks to complete

"Greetings..." I uttered and gave them a little bow before I walked towards Emperor Ling, ignoring everyone else in the room but I can't help but to glance at them. Good thing Mara didn't notice.

"May I have your time, your majesty? For a moment?" I murmured and then took a step backward, waiting for him to take the way.

"You can speak here freely, Abigail" Ling exclaimed with a small grin plastered on his face.

Now... What kind of games is he playing?

"I prefer for us to speak in private, Your Majesty... This conversation contains our kingdoms' personal information" I tried to convince but noticing his straight face, his decision will not change.

Though I want to keep this a secret, I wouldn't dare disrespect his majesty in front of his noble guests.

"A spy from the Jing Kingdom has spoken... It has been said that there's going to be chaos for tomorrow's event... He also added that his comrades are camping now at the other side of the dark woods" I informed,

my voice may be a little low yet I'm sure that the people around us also heard what I just said.

"And what if it's a trap? You can't be sure that the information given is true" Luke suddenly interrupted, catching everyone's attention inside the room.

"I've sent 5 soldiers last night and it is confirmed... So please, it'll be best if you don't meddle in. This is our kingdom's problem to solve, and our guests are under our protection" I uttered which silenced him.

I understand, I was rude at some point yet I don't want them to get involve.

"And? Should we be thankful to you for that?" Ava suddenly spoke.

So, the devil decided to speak...

"I don't need your gratitude, in fact I'm just doing my job according to the position I was assigned... Unlike someone" I then glance at her from head to toe and gave her an annoying smirk.

Oh how I like her reaction, it was satisfying at some point.

She felt pissed by what I said.

"As you were saying, what's your plan? What are you going to do about them" Emperor Ling asked that made me raised a brow at him.

"None" I said bluntly making their eyes widened.

"What do you mean?" Emperor Ling quickly reacts and gave me a confused look, just like everyone in this room.