☺️ Don't Waste a Drop V2 (Xiao x Lumine)

(I'M ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!
I've been sick for like 4 and a half, going on 5 weeks. I'm still pretty weak and sore but I am back in the writing game. MWAHAHAHA👹)

~~

Xiao

Lumine's voice whispered on the wind as Xiao sat atop Wangshu Inn. In the blink of an eye, Xiao appeared toe to toe with Lumine. Ready for a fight but meeting the gaze of a shocked and softly blushing Lumine.

"Why only you!?" Paimon, Hu Tao, and Venti yelled behind Lumine in unison.

"What's wrong?" Xiao's rough voice asked in a gentle tone.

"Oh... Um..." Lumine looked at her feet, she hadn't noticed until now just how fast her heart was beating. "We were... I mean, I was! I was wondering..."

"Yes?" Xiao raised an eyebrow in contemplation as Lumine looked up at him with a surprisingly determined look.

"Will you come eat with me? I-I mean..." Lumine paused before clearing her throat and rephrasing her question. "Would you please join me for a bite to eat this Lantern Rite? At one of the vendors... or a... um... or a restaurant?" She whispered the last part of her question.

"Wait you..." Xiao looked over Lumine shoulders at her little audience, his eyes widened seeing even Zhongli there. "Uh..." He looked back at Lumine and gave a soft sigh. "I suppose... though I won't be able to stay in the city long... because of my-"

"Karma. I know." Lumine smiled brightly at him. "So... after... we could go watch the lanterns on the hill? Away from the city."

Xiao blushed softly, turning his head away to hide it. "I... Sure." He replied quickly before clearing his throat. "I'll um..." He turned his back to Lumine and the others. "I'll see you are the bridge to Liyue then... tomorrow."

With that, Xiao disappeared. Reappearing back on top of Wangshu Inn, he sat down. His blush overtaking his face. "Jeez... That..." He sighed heavily and looked up at the sky, crossing his arms. "That woman."

~~

The next day came by quickly and Xiao anxiously awaited for nightfall. Not being able to wait any longer, Xiao appeared on the bridge and started to walk into the city to find Lumine.

"Xiao!" Lumine's excited voice yelled from his side, he looked over to see a beautifully dressed Lumine walking over to him.

His eyes scanned over her traditional Chinese hanfu. It was form fitting yet the fabric was loose. It wasn't too formal but it wasn't too festive either. A white hanfu with a gradient blue-green, almost turquoise, going towards the bottom and getting a brighter shade of the odd blue-green.

"Xiao?" Lumine leaned into his view, Xiao froze for a moment and tensed up as he cleared his throat and looked off.

"I'm not use to seeing you in anything other than your usual outfit." Xiao pointed out as he looked back at her.

"I um..." Lumine rubbed her neck nervously as she looked off towards the city. "Well... I usually wear it so... if my brother sees me he um... he'll know it's me but... I really wanted to wear something traditional to Liyue for our da..."

Lumine tensed and stopped herself, her face growing bright with a blush as she stuttered for a moment before correcting her, not that she needed to. "I-I mean... Night out. Uh... anyways, the others are waiting at the restaurant!"

Xiao got a bit disappointed hearing 'the others' but quickly composed himself as Lumine wrapped her arm around his. "Right." He nodded softly as he looked at their arms.

Lumine led him to the restaurant but before going in, Xiao stopped her and turned her to him. "Actually. Could we go to the vendors first? I... won't be staying long after so I may have to leave in the middle of eating so..."

"Yeah." Lumine said with a bright smile as she took his hand in hers and led him over to one of the vendors.

Xiao and Lumine spent about 20 minutes at the vendors food booths before Lumine noticed Tomoki's Dango Milk booth. She led Xiao over and talked to Tomoki for a moment before ordering Xiao and her a couple of the drinks.

They went to a secluded part of the sidewalk near the restaurant, a dimly lit corner all their own for the moment. Xiao watched Lumine for a moment before looking around Louie's streets.

"Lumine..." Xiao spoke before turning his head to look at her.

He froze as he caught the sight of her golden eyes as the street lights caught them. It was a sight that literally took his breath away, her eyes looked at him from the corner of her eyes before she pulled the milk bottle from her lips.

Xiao swallowed hard as he tried to figure out what exactly he called her name for. In a panic, Xiao saw a drop of milk about to drip down from the corner of her mouth and without thinking, he put a hand around her waist.

He pulled her in close, leaning into her. Lumine's heart starting racing like a thousand wild horses in an open field. Before she knew what was happening, Xiao's tongue darted from his lips for a mere second to catch the drop but he didn't stop there.

Following his instincts, he pressed his lips against hers. Locking them in a deep, passionate kiss. His eyes closed and his heart raced with Lumine's heart beat.

Lumine didn't pull away, instead she took this little moment of happiness and gripped it tightly in her hands. She leaned into him, kissing him back and closing her eyes with him.

The entire world felt like it stopped. The karma in his body, the pain, the bad memories, and all of the other horrible things leading up to this moment seemed to cease to exist for Xiao. As for Lumine, a hundred or a thousand more years of life could not accumulate the pure happiness and peace she felt in the moment.

"OH MY ARCHONS!" Paimon's screaming voice interrupted them, Xiao pulled away quickly.

Both of their faces were overtaken with such a bright blush it could rival the color red. Lumine watched as Xiao looked away, glaring slightly at Paimon until she saw the rest of the group walk up behind Paimon.

They began bombarding Paimon with questions as to why she screamed but while they were freaking out, Xiao whispered to Lumine. "I'm... I am s-"

"Don't be." Lumine interrupted him, taking his hand in hers and intertwining their fingers. "That's the happiest I have felt in a hundred years, Xiao." She whispered back.

Xiao turned to look at her, his face still bright red. They locked eyes and Xiao couldn't help but smile at her. "I agree."

~~

(Part 2?

I love XiaoLumi, man. It makes my heart soar and I adore this chapter! I hope y'all liked it to. I'll try to release some more spicy chapters!

Regarding the requested Dottore x Lumine chapter—
Me and NellaJaySteel are torn between whether to publish or not because this version that we're going with has him devilish and villainous to his core.

If Ya'll still want Dottore x Lumine published, comment!

If you have an idea for a Footsire c Lumine chapter, Let me know!)