🧐 Lyney Theory short 2.1 (speculation/may contain spoilers for 4.0+)

(Just forewarning:

This chapter may possibly contain spoilers although we aren't sure as we're only in 4.0 but this is just a theory chapter.

All of this is speculation. We have had NO INFORMATIONS leaked to us about later archon quests.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT!)

(This is only Version 1 of the continuation. Let us know through a comment what continuation you like best.)
~~~

Lumine opened her eyes slowly, her head was still reeling from whatever Lyney had spiked the tea with. Well... okay to be fair... She did drink out of a magic cup with magic tea in it. From a magician. That came out of a card.

That wasn't the point right now though. The point was she couldn't put into thoughts or words just how betrayed and heartbroken she felt in this moment. The tears wouldn't stop falling from her eyes.

Was it possible that she actually truly loved Lyney? No, that wasn't possible. She hadn't known him for that long. She had crushes on Xiao and Heizou... and Gorou... but regardless of who she had crushes on... they never really reciprocated those feelings.

Not like Lyney did. The Rainbow Rose, the sweet words, the teasing, his smile. The way he laughed. The sweet words he spoke.

Archons... How could I be so stupid. So damn stupid.

Lumine looked around to see the outskirts of the Court of Fontaine. As her head cleared she realized she was on Lyney's shoulder. Tied up and gagged. Why did it hurt so much? Why couldn't she breath? Why did it feel like her heart was beating only because it had to and not because it wanted to?

She squirmed in his grasp, kicking her ankles. She nearly fell to the ground but Lyney caught her with a dark chuckle.

"Now, now. Don't go squirming too much, the Knave wants you alive and unharmed." Lyney laughed softly as he continued to walk.

Lumine screamed behind her gag as they got further and further from Fontaine. Why wasn't Paimon looking for her? How did the Melusine not see him carrying her?

Why was she so fucking helpless?! Her breathing grew erratic, fast and uneven, as she thrashed on his shoulder until he eventually dropped her with a angry huff.

She cried behind her gag as she laid face down in the dirt. Her tears soaking into the dirt as she tried to crawl away as Lyney gathered himself.

He grabbed her by the ropes around her ankles and began to drag her along. Not once looking at her as she blinked tears out of her eyes. Growing more angry at herself than heartbroken now, she jerked her ankles down and kicked him in the back of the knee.

He fell with a grunt as she fought against the bonds on her wrists. Eventually, as Lyney stood up and went to pick her back up, her wrist painfully slipped from its restraint as she smacked him as hard as she could. Her nails scratching his cheek as his hat fell to the ground.

She could barely breath, this didn't feel real. She didn't want it to be real. She didn't recognize the person in front of her. Did she ever even really know him?

"You're getting on my nerves, Lumine!" Lyney yelled angrily as he tried to grab her arms but Lumine brought her knees to her chest and kicked him back with her feet.

She immediately took off the gag but before she could get a word out, Lyney's hand was over her mouth and he was holding her wrists tight enough to form bruises almost immediately.

He was talking but she couldn't hear him. Her mind was racing too fast, her eyes were darting around his face, trying to find at least one recognizable feature on his face. Just one. That's all she wanted. That's it. If he killed her right now, she'd be content knowing that she didn't completely misjudge him.

I don't understand... I liked him. No... I loved him... was I really that blind? So blind I couldn't see the mask? Why... why...

"You actually managed to capture her, Lyney. I'm impressed." A familiar male voice called out behind him as Lyney held her down.

Her heart stopped as she saw a blue haired man with a mask walk into her view. Dottore. Somehow it made everything worse. It made the bruising, the heartbreak... everything so much worse when she saw him.

Lyney looked up at Dottore, still holding her roughly. "I thought Father was coming to collect her."

"The Knave got occupied with... other tasks." Dottore said never taking his eyes off Lumine.

Lyney picked her up as she screamed behind his hand and thrashed around. "So be it. I can't get her to calm down."

"Oh I have something for that." Dottore grinned, pulling out a syringe as she grew wide eyes.

Why Lyney?!

She screamed loudly as she doubled over, bringing Lyney down with her and barely dodging the needle as she opened her mouth and bit down on Lyney's hand.

The second he retracted his hands, she fell back. Closing her eyes tightly as Dottore got close to her.

She inhaled, ready to scream as loudly as her lungs would let her.

Why

"XIAO!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as Dottore reached for her.

As quickly as she screamed, Dottore was suddenly on the ground. The moment she opened her eyes again, Xiao stood between her and Dottore and Lyney.

~~~

(Words written:
921)