🧐 The Greatest Betrayal (Speculations/Theory Chapter)

(If you haven't heard, Lyney, Lynette, and Freminet have all been confirmed to be in the Fatui. Like confirmed actively in the Fatui.

So I've started spiraling and wanted to write a chapter. Like it's 4am. I should be in bed for college.

Am I?
No.
Why?
Because brainrot hours.

This chapter
may contain spoilers for future events in Genshin Impact!)

~~~

Recommended Songs for this Chapter:

Do What You Are Doing - Dexter Britain
Unfair - The Neighborhood
Nowhere To Run - Stegosaurus Rex
Sign of the Time - Harry Styles
Lights are On - Tom Rosenthal
The Beach - The Neighborhood
Side Effect - FKA Rayne
Carousel - Melanie Martinez

~~~

"Are you sure you told Paimon where you were taking me, Lyney?" Lumine said in a worried tone as she held Lyney's hand while he guided her to somewhere she couldn't see. He had blindfolded her after all.

"Yes, Lumine!" Lyney laughed as he pulled her along gently.

"Mm... I hope she doesn't worry." She said under her breath as Lyney guided her. Something about this didn't feel right.

His voice didn't sound the same. His hand didn't feel as gentle when he held her hand this time. His pace was faster than usual. Just what, exactly, was going on?

"Watch your step, now..." Lyney said softly as he carefully guided her up some more stairs. This had to of been the fifteenth flight of stairs she'd went up. These felt... familiar.

"Where are we going, Lyney?"

"Presents are suppose to be a surprise, Lumine! Why so nervous?" He chuckled. It didn't sound right either.

She heard their footsteps against wooden flooring. The wind had stopped. They'd been inside for a decent bit.

"Lyney..." She said softly almost as if pleading. Her heart was racing. She couldn't stop feeling... wrong.

She swallowed as Lyney stopped, helping her stand somewhere specific. He heard her walk around her for a moment before laughing softly but it sounded strained. Forced.

"Don't worry, Lumine. You can take the blindfold off soon." Lyney said as he walked past her, behind her.

One... two... three... four... five... six... seven steps. He stopped. She took a deep breath and stood there. Nervous and fidgeting when she suddenly reached up and touched her blindfold.

"DO NOT TAKE THAT OFF!" Lyney yelled suddenly from behind her, she jumped causing her to move the blindfold up a little. She could see the floor.

She put her hands back down at her sides. "S... Sorry..." Lumine replied sheepishly as her eyes wandered to the floor.

Was this the floor of the Opera Epiclese? Why were they here? She heard Lyney take a deep, shaking breath.

Did I make him that mad?

Lumine leaned her head back, her eyes wandered through the bottom of the blindfold. She couldn't lean her head back too far or he'd know she was peeking.