🧐 The First Death theory (May contain Spoilers)

(Alright here's the deal:

Genshin has been progressively more harsh in the story and hitting at death.

I was talking about it with a few people and we've narrowed the possible first death down to 3 people.

Wanderer
Lynette
or
(Low chance) Lyney

Going off some foreshadowing from some world quests in Fontaine, here's what we think might happen.

We're gonna write this as Lynette's death because we don't know her the greatest and we both like Lyney and Wanderer...

Sorry Lynette mains—)

~~~

"You work under The Knave directly, Lyney!" Lumine yelled with tears in her eyes, she had only found out the information a day prior. She was standing outside the door to his house, unaware that Arlecchino was standing inside the living room as Lyney stood there looking at her.

"L-Lumine... how..." Lyney said nervously as he looked at her upset face. What was he suppose to do in this situation?

"How?! You're not even trying to deny it! Lyney, I told you not to lie to me again! I asked you if you had anything to do with them! You told me you didn't! You gave me your word!" She screamed as tears fell out of her eyes, rolling down her cheeks and dripping off her chin.

"L-Lumine... Lumine hold on..." Lyney had entirely forgotten about Father standing inside the living room as Lumine started to walk away. He ran out after her, reaching for her arm.

Lumine turned around when he grabbed her only to see Arlecchino standing in the doorway behind him. Her whole face went pale with fear as she froze. Lyney looked back at Arlecchino as he pulled out his pole arm and walked towards them. A look of... indifference... of murderous indifference on her face as he peered at Lumine.

Lyney blocked her as he looked at Arlecchino. "No, Father! This wasn't the plan!" He yelled as Arlecchino pushed him out of the way.

Plan? What plan? Lumine turned and ran down the stairs quickly, trying to bolt down the street as Arlecchino jumped the railing and went after her. Lumine didn't see Lynette walking towards her but Lynette saw her.

She saw Father. Running at her brother's lover. She saw the spear get pulled over Father's shoulder, ready to throw it like a javelin. She saw the look of pure fear on Lumine's face and her brother trying to make it down the stairs in a useless attempt to stop Father.

Lynette moved on her own.

~🍃🌾May the wind bless your travels🌾🍃~

Lynette pushed Lumine to the ground, taking her place where she stood. Lumine looked back at Lynette just as the spear skewered her through the side, sticking in her as she fell to the ground.

"Lynette!" Lyney and Lumine's voices screamed in unison from two different positions.

Lumine crawled over her, her white dress staining with Lynette's blood as her hands hovered over her body. She didn't know what to do, what could she do?

"Lynette!" Lyney's breaking voice got closer and in seconds he was kneeling by his sister, grabbing her hand as his hat fell to the ground in the blood pooling under her, staining her blonde hair red. "Lynette... Lynette no... why..."

Lynette was weak but she didn't feel the pain. She smiled at Lyney, everything seemed... dull. Like she was trying to listen to his words while her head was underwater. "Lyney..." She whispered as blood dripped out of her mouth.

Lumine covered her mouth, her and Lyney's tears falling into the pool of blood as it grew. "Wh... Why did you... L-Lynette... why..." Lumine whimpered as she looked at her.

Lyney grabbed her hand, squeezing it as he leaned over her. "This is just... a d-dumb magic trick right... right, sister?" Lyney cried as Lynette continued to smile at him.

"You..." Lynette's voice was barely a whisper, Lyney had to get closer. "You said you... loved... her... Lyney..." She said in a strained voice.

It was like she had shattered his heart into a million pieces with those words. He did love Lumine. Part of his mission, he fell for her and he couldn't pinpoint where in that timeline from meeting her till now... but he did all love her. Maybe too much. Yet, he had confided all his pent up feelings for Lumine into Lynette.

"Lyn... Lynette... you..." Lyney could barely choke the words out as he squeezed her hand tightly, as if that would fix it all.

"I don't... like... seeing... you... sad..." Lynette whispered as she looked at the sky. It was getting harder to breath. "You always... worry... about... others... instead of... yourself..."

"Lynette, stop talking... stop... y-you... I... L-Lumine can get someone..." Lyney cried as he kissed her hand.

"It's... okay..." She smiled weakly as she closed her eyes. "I'm... okay... Lyn... Lyney..."

Lynette's hand went limp as her head fell over. Lumine covered her face, leaning over Lynette's body as she cried with Lyney.

"How useless." Arlecchino's voice broke the silence as he suddenly ripped the spear out of Lynette's lifeless body without a care in the world. Not an ounce of sympathy in her eyes as she looked at Lynette.

~~~

(Words written:
872)