☺️ Who is Freedom (Wanderer x Lumine)

(Enjoy <3 Don't forget to like and follow!)

(SUMERU CITY ARCHON SPOILERS)
~~~

His heart... No... His very soul ached. Looking at the short blonde in front of him, he saw possibility where he use to see an enemy.

"Give me your hand, Lumine..." Scaramouche reached out his hand, a dull pain lingering in his voice. A familiar pain.

"...okay..." Lumine sighed, her heart was racing. She was scared of him despite knowing he had little power as they stood in front of Irminsul, surrounded in a bubble he created.

She reached out her hand, laying it in his. For a moment, all Scaramouche wanted was to crumble. To fade away and scream. To cry. To portray the agony that had corrupted his soul for so long.

Her hand was soft and kind despite the annoyed and slight fear in her eyes.

Is it possible to change the past?

A simply thought. A hopeful glimmer. A bitter candle light on a grave of sorrow and pain.

Lumine's eyes grew wide in shock, the question took her back and that's all Scaramouche needed to spark that hope inside him again. He pulled his hand away from hers, dropping the barrier, and turning away.

A bitter smile lined his lips as he walked towards the tree that held all the knowledge in Teyvat.

"Scaramouche! Stop!" Lumine yelled as she ran towards him.

Scaramouche looked up at the tree, closing his eyes for a mere moment before looking over his shoulder at the light in the darkness.

"Fast reaction time, but I don't think we'll be seeing each other again." He spoke solemnly, a sadness lingering on his words as he disappeared. His eyes staring into Lumine's for just a moment more.

~🌳~

Inside Irminsul... Scaramouche could not hide his tears. He could no longer hide his sorrow as he sifted through the events of his life. Filtering any and all memories of Scaramouche or The Baladeer.

He took a deep breath as he leaned his head back, looking up into the endless void around him. He closed his eyes and for a moment, he felt at peace. Just for a moment before he returned to his task.

He watched as each memory from any and all people associated with him or having knowledge of him disappeared like photos burned in a campfire.

All that was left was to erase himself. He closed his eyes as he began the process. He was scared in all truth as his tears fell from his eyes. Yet right at the very end, he saw the most unlikely person. Lumine.

I wonder...

Will she remember me? Or have I even erased myself from her as well..?

~🥭~

"I'll go pick some more Zaytun Peaches for you, boss... I should have been more attentive." Wanderer said in a sigh as he took a deep breath and turned to leave the Grand Bazaar.

He felt a presence following him but thought nothing of it as he We outside the entrance to Sumeru City and grabbed a few peaches. It wasn't until he caught the glimpse of a small blonde girl watching him and a little floating person that he realized his assumption that he had been followed was right.