Chapter 17: Midnight Whispers

I was kinda feeling fluffy( is that a thing?!) *bad joke*
Anyways...enjoyy..😉

Phone conversations from the other side are in italics

"Did you eat dinner? "Jungkook asked as he parked his old scooter and walked back to his apartment. It had been a few days since he had 'the talk' with Namjoon and everything had been going well for both of them. Jungkook knew that Namjoon was somewhat clueless about relationships in general , also he hasn't talked about them sleeping together either , which was what Namjoon mainly wanted, so he guessed that maybe the choas that happened in the past days might have made Namjoon confused so ,inorder to make things smoother he made it into a routine of calling the elder every night when he finished his job at the bar.He understood that most of Namjoon's overthinking came from his loneliness and if he can develop a friendship with the elder maybe it will help him.

"What?" Namjoon asked.

"Did you eat, hyung?" Jungkook asked again

"No..."Namjoon replied

"Isn't it a bit late?"Jungkook asked. "What were you doing until now?"

"I had work!! I just came back from the warehouse, we had a shipping related mess up!!"Namjoon explained .

"Ohh!! ...'"Jungkook nodded. "Me too..i just finished my shift ..I'll make something to eat now." He said even though he knew that Namjoon by now was aware of his jobs and its timings very well.

"Great! I'll order in, as usual,'"Namjoon sighed.

"You eat takeout all day... isn't it boring?" Jungkook asked as he approached his door,he knew for a fact that Namjoon was mostly very careless about his meals as he was always busy and relays on takeouts most times whenever he eat.

"Not really..."

They continued talking until Jungkook entered his apartment. As he walked towards the kitchen, he didn't expect anyone to be in there , but he almost screamed when he saw a strange figure standing in the kitchen under the fridge lights.

"Jungkook, are you okay?'"Namjoon worried.

The figure closed the door and switched on the kitchen lights. The lights flickered on, revealing a smiling Jimin in a large hoodie that reached his mid-thigh..and nothing else,holding a water bottle.

"Jungkook, talk to me! What happened?"Namjoon kept asking, concerned.

Jungkook coughed and realized that Namjoon was still on the line. He kept his phone back on his ear "Hyung, nothing!!, my ..my roommate scared me. I'll grab something to eat and call you tomorrow. You need to eat and sleep, too. Okay, bye." He quickly ended the call without giving Namjoon a chance to respond and turned to Jimin, who was standing in the kitchen.

"Sunbae...how are you?!" Jimin smiled

"Jimin, why...i mean....how are you here??..Err..., looking like that? Is..that Mingyu's?" Jungkook frowned, looking at the familiar hoodie.

"Hey, baby, What's taking so long?" Mingyu came into the kitchen only in his boxers and immediately went into a shock when he saw a furious Jungkook and a barely dressed Jimin in front of him.

He fake smiled, "My broo..!!! You came back early? "He asked nervously biting on his lips

"Han needed extra money, so he took half of my shift...and i m glad he did!!" Jungkook said boring death glares at his best friend

"Haha, funny!" Mingyu chuckled in fear and glanced at Jimin, sensing the danger. "Jimin, baby, wait for me in the room...I need to talk to him."

"Okay,..don't take long" Jimin smiled and gave a peck on Mingyu's cheek before walking away.
He turned back just before he reached their room's door and smiled at Jungkook once again" Jungkook sunbae..i guess i can call you hyung now!! Since we are close.." he giggled " and thanks for letting us use the room for the night"