Chapter 2

I'm sipping on a martini as Pearl and Matea gush about being engaged. Cole and Christian both walk in at the same time and head straight for our table. As Christian slips his arms around me and says, "Why didn't anyone tell me Jason Devaroux was in town?"

I look at Cole, "Why does it matter? You've never met him."

Cole presses his lips together, "That's not exactly true."

My eyes widen and I say, "How?"

He shrugs, "Victoria was in Paris and...well..."

Christian shakes his head and kisses my shoulder, "You okay?"

I tilt my head back as he stands up straight and rest my head on his chest to stare up at him, "I need more single friends."

He smirks, "Me too."

I pout and he leans down to kiss me gently, "My poor princess," he murmurs.

"Oh guess what Christian?" Matea grins.

He glances at her and turns my chair around as he says, "Hmm?"

"Violet called earlier, I invited her to dinner."

I glare at Christian and he gulps and looks down at me, "Emerson I'm sorry."

I shake my head and stand up as Matea frowns and Avery says, "Wait, what's wrong with Violet? She's really nice."

I snort and Christian says, "We had some problems this past weekend."

"Wait, does this have to do with why Emerson took a mini vacation away from you?" Jessica asks sweetly.

He narrows his eyes at her and I say, "Yes, because the little bitch is insistant."

Avery frowns, "What did she do?" Then she looks at Christian and glares at him, "Or better yet, what did you do?"

Christian's eyes widen, "I didn't do anything!" he snaps.

Avery looks at me doubtfully and I say, "He didn't. She did. She even told me. I made sure."

"Wait, you made sure?" Christian asks in a hurt tone.

I shrug and look at him, "Can you blame me?"

He shakes his head slowly and gulps, "No," he says quietly.

I wrap my arms around him and then look at Avery again, "I yelled at her, and I told her she was fired if she tried anything," I look at Jess, "She's also interested in Will."

Jess' eyes widen and she shakes her head, "Not happening."

Christian slips his arms around my waist and kisses my cheek, "We don't have to go."

I shake my head, "I want to go for your sister and for Channing. But that is the only reason I'm going."

He kisses me softly, and says, "You ready?"

I nod and he tucks me into his side before heading out the door.

As we wait in the house for Matea and Channing to show up for the surprise party Christian keeps his arms wrapped around me, his chest to my back, and his hips slightly grinding against me. He nips at my neck and slides his hands up my body, "Can we pay a visit to my bedroom?"

I turn my head slightly to look at him, "No way. Not tonight, your sister is going to be here any minute."

He rolls his eyes, "Well not right now," he then grins, "But very soon."