Chapter Six: Glitch Training II

"speaking"
'thinking/thoughts'
((sign language))
------------------

Third POV

James's systems booted up slowly as he heard the door to the room open. He faked being asleep but turned on his vision to see if anyone was there. He saw some blue lightning particles leading away from the door and quickly dodged when the glitch toilet came speeding by. James jumped down from the titans shoulder and glided to the center of the room. He used his wings to hover in the air as the glitch toilet sped around the room. It eventually stopped by the door and hovered next to it. James glided over to the door and stood next to the glitch toilet. It headbutted James's leg before speeding outside to wait for James. He drew his leg back when the glitch toilet headbutted it and rubbed it a little before following after the toilet.

Once he got outside he walked over to the glitch toilet and stood in front of it. The toilet disappeared in a flash of blue and sped around for a bit before stopping a few feet above James. He looked up and tilted his head. The toilet looked down at James as it hovered in place before rising a few more feet and hovering again. James stared for a moment before the lightbulb finally went off. He charged up the glitch technology and jumped. Though he accidentally overcharged and went flying upwards. The glitch toilet quickly looked up and followed James as he spread his wings to stop his momentum. He hovered in place using his wings as the glitch toilet hovered in front of him. It moved so it was behind James and purposefully bumped into James's wings which made James fall a few feet before correcting himself.

He stuck his arms out to the sides as he sent his best glare at the glitch toilet. The glitch toilet merely frowned and lowered itself to be the same height as James. It held a constant charge that allowed it to hover in the air. James tried to hold a constant charge but the level changed slightly due to inexperience which caused James to rise and fall a bit. Eventually James overcharged and he slammed into the ground causing it to crack.

The glitch toilet flew down and hovered a few inches above the ground as it waited for James to get up. He eventually stood up and turned to the glitch toilet as it moved so it was hovering higher in the air. James slowly increased his charge and got close to a still hover but his nerves got the best of him and he shot into the air. He stopped the charge and fanned out his wings to stop his sudden momentum. The glitch toilet sped up to James and frowned at him.

By the time the sun was setting there were multiple small craters in the ground from where James had fallen or slammed into it. His suit had patches of dirt scattered on it and his head had a few small dents in it. In the end it was worth it as James walked around in the air. Seemingly walking on an invisible floor. He jumped up and down a little and even rocked on his heels as the glitch toilet watched him. Slightly amused by James's antics, not that it'd ever tell James though.

James looked at the glitch toilet from where he was hovering and waved at it before turning off the glitch technology. He glided around the base and quickly entered through a small door. James closed the door and began to walk away when he heard a sound from the other side of the door. He mentally sighed as he turned his head and counted his wings. Only five had made it through the door and the bottom right wing had been closed outside. James walked back over to the door and opened it as the sixth wing went back to its rightful place.

He closed the door again and used the glitch technology to appear right outside of the lab entrance where James promptly kicked the door in. The door began to close again from the force but James stuck his arm out which stopped the door. When James had kicked the door the scientist had nearly dropped a small chip it held in its claw. The scientist quickly put the chip into a random drawer and turned to face James. Though the scientist's eyebrow raised when it noticed James happily bouncing in place, also taking note of how much dirt was on James along with the dents.

James ran over to the scientist excitedly and stopped in front of it while he started to bounce in place again. The scientist's claw reached out and brushed a bit of the dirt off of James's shoulder. James pushed the scientist's claw away and charged up the glitch technology. The scientist prepared for James to disappear and slam into something but was surprised when James started walking backwards and... upwards? It looked like James was walking backwards up a set of invisible stairs. He took a few more steps and hovered a few feet above the scientist as he started rocking on his heels in excitement. He fell towards the ground after a moment and caught himself. The scientist sighed and smiled a little before picking James up by the back of his shirt and carrying him over to the supports on the wall. The scientist deposited James on the supports as James's feet tapped together happily.

His lens followed the scientist as it moved away and returned a minute later with a clean set of clothes and a new casing to go on James's head. The scientist slowly removed the casing which came off with a click and set it to the side. Beneath the casing was a series of neat, organized wires, a short cylindrical tube that made up James's camera lens and a small box at the back end of his head that held various chips and processing units. The scientist slid the new casing on with a small click before grabbing a damp cloth and wiping James's lens and neck with it. James shivered a little when the cloth came into contact with his neck but remained still so the scientist could clean him.

Once James was cleaned and changed into a clean set of clothes the scientist let him down from the supports. James walked around a bit and turned to the scientist, giving it a thumbs up before quickly leaving the room. The scientist's eyes followed James as he left the room before going back to the desk and opening a drawer. Using his claw to pull out a small chip with the cameraman sigil on it and holding it up to examine it. James on the other hand ran to where the Titan Speakerman resided and kicked the door open in a similar fashion that he did before when entering the lab. The Titan Speakerman looked up and acknowledged James. James waved at the Titan Speakerman before activating the glitch technology and ran across the large gap between the catwalk and the titan. The Titan Speakerman sat up a little more when James seemingly ran across the air. It sat still as James got closer and once he was close enough the titan held its hand out for James to stand on. He stood on the titan's hand as the other came up and gently pet James's head. James gently tapped his wings together to express his happiness before grabbing onto the titan's finger. The titan lifted James up and held him over his shoulder where James let go and sat down on their shoulder. James made himself comfortable on the titan's shoulder as the lights dimmed and both agents fell asleep after a few minutes.

------------------

Why does my scientist skibidi give dad vibes?