Chapter One: Disappearance

A/N: Imma just post all my prewritten chapters once a day until I run out (I only have 5 written)

"speaking"
'thinking/thoughts'
((sign language))
------------------

Third POV

The speakerman looked up as other vehicles drove towards him. He quickly waved them over as Engineer Cameramen flooded the area to repair anyone who wasn't functional at the moment. The speakerman tapped one of the engineers on the shoulder and they turned to face him. He nervously tapped his index fingers together and looked down a little. "Some toilets took one of the cameramen." the speakerman said quietly. ((Which direction did they go in?)) they asked. The speakerman pointed in the direction that James had been kicked. "If you walk that way and then look at a large cracked area in the wall with some blood on the ground, the toilets went right from that spot. If I had tried to do anything I could have gotten killed. There were at least a dozen of them and I think he was killed but it's hard to be sure." he said quietly. The engineer nodded in response. ((We'll send out a small recon group to see what they can find. Thank you for telling us.)) the engineer signed.

The speakerman nodded a little before the engineer motioned for him to go to one of the vehicles. The speakerman silently walked over to one of the new cars and sat down quietly. A small group of cameramen walked in the direction the speakerman had directed them to go in. They quickly found the large cracked area and there was a large amount of the light blue substance that allowed them to function properly. They walked towards the right and followed the small marks in the ground in the direction the toilets had gone. Eventually the tracks stopped and the recon team sighed in defeat, unable to find their lost, possibly dead comrade.

They slowly made their way back to the main group and reunited with them. The leader of the recon team walked up to an engineer and shook their head. The engineer looked down and nodded a little before dismissing the leader of the recon team. They continued to repair as many agents as they could before loading up all the agents before quickly leaving the area. The speakerman glanced back at the area before focusing on the other agents within the vehicle. They all chattered quietly while the cameramen put their two cents in occasionally.

Once they arrived at the hidden base, which was an abandoned air force station, all the functioning agents slowly climbed out of the vehicles. The agents who weren't conscious were carried into the hangar and towards the medical ward. Alan stood just outside the base as he waited for his friend. He wasn't worried at first but when everyone was out of the vehicles he started to get a little concerned. An engineer walked up to him and motioned for Alan to walk with him. Alan silently walked next to the engineer as the engineer thought of how to word James's disappearance. He stopped walking once they were both next to the Cameraman Titan who was currently being upgraded. The engineer took a breath before turning to Alan. ((He's not coming back anytime soon.)) they signed. ((What do you mean he's not coming back anytime soon?!)) Alan signed back. ((What happened to my friend?)) he asked. ((A speakerman says he saw the Skibidis take him. His current status in unknown but his tracking system has been disabled so we are unable to find his current location.)) the engineer replied.

Alan stood in shock before silently walking away from the engineer. He went to his room and slid down against the door before crying to himself. He knew that it was likely James wouldn't come back one day but he didn't expect it to be today. As time passed into the night hours Alan climbed into his bed and looked at a framed photo of him and James together. He gently touched the spot on the photo where James was standing before putting it on his nightstand. Alan stared at the wall for a while before his vision slowly faded into black.