1. A sullen wife, cold food and strawberries

My back was aching from sitting down on the chair the whole day. My eyes were sore from staring at the stupid projections. But I could finally celebrate the conference being over. As a businessman I should be used to long meetings and odd timings, but anything happening outside of my 08:00 to 17:00 is just awful and requires special attention. I entered the bedroom and sighed at the sight of my bed and my wife. I threw my briefcase on the sofa and shut the door.

"Kahan re gaye thay" Closing my eyes I breathed in, I guess I still had to face my only ever boss, the bossiest of them all. I have never really had a boss, only bald-headed and intimidating seniors - the standard grumpy and arrogant old men. But the scariest of them all was my 5 ft 1 inch boss, the only one who can scare me to my core and get me on my knees. The one who can make my nights sleepless and days long if I didn't obey her.

"Aapko bataya to tha, aaj meri conference thi. Maine late aana tha" I planted the obedient smile, the smile that can save me from scolding. All I wanted was sleep and rest, but, like I said, no disobeying the boss. Weirdly, I enjoy it. It is the fact I cannot take her seriously when she bloats her face and scrunches her nose whilst one finger is pointing up at me and her other hand is on her hip. Looking down to her lecturing me was quite a sight to relish.

"Farjaad" She moaned and pouted, walking up to me. I almost let out a pout myself looking at her adorable behaviour as she took tiny steps and looked up to face me. Her hands came up and rested themselves on the sides of my torso. We have been married for a month now, but every touch still felt as electrifying. On one hand, I felt a sense of comfort knowing that she doesn't think twice before touching me, that she feels no shyness or discomfort. It a muscle-memory action for her. On the other hand, I felt shy. Because for some reason, I cannot adjust to her touch like how she has to mine - I still feel like jumping and dancing whenever we make contact. Every time, I feel my heart pace and my breath hitch, she had such an affect on me.

At the same time, I feel proud of myself. One thing I knew about Umeed is that she was never vulnerable. To her, vulnerability was a sign of weakness, and she envied being called weak. But now, I know her way of showing affection was through vulnerability and touch. Her soft eyes and gentle tone - these were her ways of showing affection. How she would sometimes bury herself in my arms and rest her head on my chest - it was a proud moment for me because she felt the most comfortable in my arms. And I made a promise to myself that I would never do anything that would make her change these ways - because I loved them. I loved it when she does these things without realising it.

"Aapko pata hai, aapki waja se maine khana bhi nahi khaya" My heart sunk as I saw her with her big round puppy eyes, glancing up at me adorably with a pout on her face. No wonder she was upset, she hadn't had dinner, which meant she hadn't had her evening chai.

"Kiyun nahi khaya tumne?" I felt cross, she shouldn't be skipping meals and changing her routine for me. I don't want her to be affected by my work, in fact that is my worst fear. I had tried my best to keep a balance in between my work and my personal life, which was a new thing for me as my life was previously, all about work. Umeed's entry in my life had completely changed everything - for the better too.

"Kiyunke...' She took a step back and sighed, cradling side-to-side. "Aapke baghair nahi khaya jaata." She murmured whilst doing that signature pointing thing with both her fingers, but I heard her, and I had to bite my lip to contain the smile. She glanced up and saw my amused face, because she instantly fixed her posture upright. "Wo to shukar karein ke maine aapki behn aur maa to kaha ke wo kha lein, warna wo bhi bethi rehti. Phir aapki wo class lagni thi na." She shook her head and stared at me with pity. I noticed that her lips looked a bit too pink today, and it wasn't lipstick because they were glossy and chapped. I stared at them and felt the urge to taste them, which is just my common conduct whenever I look at them. "Shukar hai Mimi ne strawberry juice banwaya tha, uss hi ko pi pi kar maine guzaara kiya hai" Realisation hit me as I stepped closer to her, understanding why her lips had the tint they did. I licked my own as I stared into her eyes.

"Wese... piyaas to mujhe bhi bohot lag rahi hai." I expressed gracefully, hoping she would give in to the act. Instead she sighed and nodded.

"Relax karein, bohot bacha hua hai. Mein aapke liye laati hun." She started walking away but I caught on to her shoulder and turned to face her, the distant between us limited.

"Arey nahi, juice ke liye nahi." I brought my other hand up and held onto her other shoulder, as she raised her eyebrow at me. She had such a shaitaani demagh yet is so innocent at the same time. I licked my bottom lip and stared at her as she looked at me confused.

"Paani?" Her voice was an octave higher, expression still clueless.

I smiled at her and shook my head in amusement before leaning in, feeling her lips on mine and instantly feeling better. The taste of strawberries was viable, but her lips were as sweet without it. I melted into the kiss, as did she. Her soft and warm hands reached up to cup my face, whilst she pressed her lips tightly against mine. This was my only ever craving, the only addiction, the only thirst that never goes away - all for her lips. I let go of her shoulders and held onto her waist, tilting my head to access her better. She responded by mirroring my actions and letting me in, no hesitation whatsoever. We kissed passionately. It was wholesome and intimate, but it was a need. Her kisses are not something I can have once in a while and then move on, I needed them. I needed to taste her like she was my energy drink. Truthfully, she was exactly that. We moved in sync for a moment, embracing one another and tasting one another. Eventually, she was the one to break us apart, moving back and staring at me whilst licking her lips and breathing heavily. I glanced back, my own tongue grazing over my lips as I tried to get a taste of what she had left.

"Iss cheez ki piyaas lag rahi thi." I commented and gathered my breath, staring at my beautiful wife who was red and breathless. She gently placed her hands on my shoulders, grinning slyly.

"To aap seedha seedha bataya karein na. Iss piyaas to bhujane mein konsa masla" She giggled and raised her shoulders, like it was the most normal thing ever. I mirrored her and smiled, watching her sigh. "Ab khana khane chalein?" There was urgency in her voice, and I knew she was hungry. Love on one side, but I wasn't going to risk interfering with her and her food - unless I wanted to die. And knowing that she was way past her chai time, I was playing with a ticking time-bomb.

"Chalein" I brought my hand out to her and she held it, and we walked out of our bedroom, hand-in-hand, downstairs to the dining room to have dinner together.