Chapter 8- Not Quite Hiatus

Ryan's POV

Was there even a point anymore? He was a lying, cheating, manipulative scumbag! I wanted to feel numb, I continued walking. Jon put his hand on  my shoulder, urging for me to stop. I turned to face him,

"I can't do it." I cried, falling into his arms. I could feel him nodding as he put his arms around me. 

"Wanna take a break?" He suggested, rubbing my back. A break? From what? The tour? The situation? The band? The thought hadn't occured to me before. Maybe a break was the best thing to do. I looked up at Jon,

"I think so.." His eyes were understanding. Was he planning this? Spencer finally caught up to us, leaning over to catch his breath. I shut my eyes, "Spencer, we need to talk.."

__________________________________________

The next few months were a haze. We finished the Pretty. Odd. tour and had finally built up the courage to tell Brendon and Spencer of our departure. A few tears were shared but Brendon knew it had been on the cards for some time now. I'd told him I didn't want it to affect our friendship. He said it wouldn't.  Now? I was standing on his doorstep with my bags, my arms loosely hanging aroud his neck. 

"I'll miss you Bden" I whispered into his ear.

"You don't have to go!" He protested, a damp tear falling onto my shoulder. I nodded sadly,

"Yes, I do.. " I pulled away from the hug. Sarah called Brendon in from the kitchen impatiently, informing him that his dinner was ready. Brendon wiped the tears from his eyes,

"Phone me when you get to Chicago, okay?" He begged as I picked up my bags. Jon was waiting for me in the car.

"Sure.." I said half heartedly, with no intention of doing so. I didn't want anything to do with him anymore, he was poison. Or maybe it was Sarah.. I didn't really care, I just wanted a fresh start. I gave him a feeble wave as I chucked my bags onto the back sit and clambered into the passenger seat. Jon patted my shoulder with reassurance. 

I watched Brendon slowly shrink into the past in the wing mirror. This is what I want, This is what I want, Is this what I want? I questioned myself, trying to convince myself. I had to let go of the past. No more Panic! At the Disco, I had to say goodbye to my past and hello to my future. The Young Veins, a new chapter in the life of Ryan Ross. I just prayed that it'd have a happy ending. 

_________________________________________________

Brendon's POV

12th April 2013

Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Brendon! Happy Birthday to you!

A chorus of people erupted in cheers. My 26th birthday. We sat in Taco Bell resteraunt as a cake was brought to our table. I grinned at the image on the cake. Me, five years ago, with a slanted birthday hat on my uncut hair. How things had changed. Firstly, I'd cut my hair, my closely shaven at the sides and slightly longer on the top dark brown hair looked nothing like it did on the cake. Secondly, I was married. Mrs. Sarah Orzechowski hung lovingly from my right arm, whispering into my ear. I rested my head on her shoulder. Thirdly, no Ryan. Spencer had obviously tried to crop him from the picture, but  I  could still see his glass of water on the table. I could still see his jacket, slung carelessly along the back of the couch. And I could still see his friendship bracelet, hanging from my wrist.   I shut my eyes sadly. It'd soon been four years since we'd been in a band. We spoke every now and again. Mindless small talk just to pass the time. I'd invited him to come to Taco Bell on my birthday. I put his absence down to him not getting the message. Spencer patted me on the back. 

"Blow out the candles, B!" He urged. I nodded and did as instructed, "Make a wish!" He added. I wish I could have Ryan back...    

Sarah smiled at me, almost knowlingly.

"I think I can make that wish come true..." She grinned. I tried to smile back, knowing she had got the wrong idea.  I bit into my Taco, not really engaging in the conversation.

"Oh, I almost forgot! We booked you some entertainment!" Dallon exclaimed, gesturing to the empty space in the centre of the room. It was probably going to be some dodgy Panic! tribute act. I noted the microphone and drum set positioned to be facing us. I chuckled slightly, shaking my head. "Performing exclusively on break from Hiatus, at Taco Bell, LA.. The Young Veins!"