Chapter 14: Traitor

Reva waited for Rani to leave before running over to Kion.

"Kion! I'm going to-ew!" She gagged at the sight of him. "Here uh...I'll give you the antidote to this then we'll get out of here, okay?"

Kion just groaned in response.

Reva gently opened Kion's muzzle and dripped a liquid into his mouth. He tried to spit it out but she held his muzzle shut. After a few minutes, Kion stopped coughing and he went back to normal.

"Good, now I know the way out of here. We just have to hurry. I can't imagine what Rani would do to us if she found out that you escaped and I helped you," Reva started running, Kion following.

"I thought you were working for Rani!" Kion said as he tried to keep up.

"Yes, but only to stop her. I never wanted revenge. What she is doing is kinda an act of tyranny, but not really."

"No, I get what you mean," Kion replied.

"I don't understand her deal. She has killed a number of male lions. Isn't that enough for her?" Reva asked.

"She told me she wants revenge, and she'll stop at nothing to get it," Kion answered.

Reva growled, "I hate her."

Kion chuckled, "Me too."

They kept running until Reva came at a sudden stop. Kion crashed into her.

"Hey! Watch it!"

"You're the one who stopped!"

Reva ignored him, "Anyway, we're out. Your welcome."

"Finally! Fresh air!" Kion rolled around in the tall, fresh grass.

"Stop acting like a cub. We have to hide before Rani comes back. She's completely insane!" Reva shouted.

"Right, sorry," Kion apologized and stood up.

Reva looked around for a minute, "Okay, all clear. You stay hidden in the grass. I'm going to get Nina."

"Who the hell is Nina?"

"My cub you dumbass! Now shut up and lay down!" Reva stormed off and muttered. "I saved his ass and he doesn't even give me a thank you."

She went off to get her cub.

***

Rani licked her muzzle clean of blood and headed toward the maze.

"Let's see how Kion is doing," She giggled to herself.

As Rani walked into the maze, a wave of isolation washed over her. This place seemed desolate now, no longer being filled with Kion's fear.

Rani lifted her muzzle in the air and caught a faint scent of Reva. She snarled, "That traitor!"

Rani ran out of the maze. She quickly spotted Reva at her den. Rani took a deep breath and put a gentle smile on her face.

"Reva!" She called.

Reva looked at Rani, a worried expression on her face, "Oh, it's just you."

Rani nodded, "Hey. I want to show you something." She flicked her tail, and not waiting for an answer, she walked off.

Reva, curious, followed her.

"So, where are we going?" Reva asked.

"You'll see," Rani purred.

Reva nodded and kept following Rani.

Eventually, they arrived at a large pile of rocks. Rani jumped on the pile and laid down, a smirk on her face.

"Rani, what are we doing here?" Reva asked.

Rani giggled, "I know that you helped Kion escape, and that you cured him."

Reva pinned her ears back and snarled, "What else was I supposed to do! I couldn't just watch as you tortured males to death! We have to keep the lion population up! How are we supposed to do that with you killing every male lion in existence!"

Rani glared at her, "I'm doing this to protect lionesses from the trauma of being cheated on and broken."

"Not all males are like that!" Reva shouted. "And if it's anyone who's giving the lionesses trauma, it's you."

Rani snarled, "How dare you!"

Reva stood her ground.

Rani sighed, "I didn't want it to come to this. But I have no choice." She stood up and smirked.

Reva looked at her, confused.

Rani moved a rock with her paw, and an Egyptian Cobra launched at Reva and bit down hard on her face, sinking it's fangs into her eyes.

Reva screamed in agony and tried pulling the snake off, but it wouldn't budge.

Rani grinned and slowly walked down the pile of rocks.

Eventually, the snake let go of Reva and slithered away. Reva was trembling on the ground, her eyes gouged out.

Rani stood next to Reva and whispered in her ear, "I'm going to make you suffer."

Blood dribbled out of Reva's mouth as she tried to get away.

Rani held Reva's head up to watch as she had her final moments.

After a minute, Reva went limp and dropped onto the ground.

Rani sighed, "Change of plan. Since lionesses don't appreciate my work, then they'll die as well."

Rani: I will keep quiet
You won't even know I'm here
You won't suspect a thing
You won't see me in the mirror
But I crept into your heart
You can't make me disappear
'Til I make you

Rani: I made myself at home
In the cobwebs and the lies
I'm learning all your tricks
I can hurt you from inside
I made myself a promise
You would never see me cry
'Til I make you

Rani: You'll never know what hit you
Won't see me closing in
I'm gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I'm underneath your skin
The devil within
You'll never know what hit you

Rani: I'll be here
When you think you're all alone
Seeping through the cracks
I'm the poison in your bones
My love is your disease
I won't let it set you free
'Til I break you

Rani: You'll never know what hit you
Won't see me closing in
I'm gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I'm underneath your skin
The devil within
You'll never know what hit you

Rani: I tried to be the lover to your nightmare
Look what you made of me
Now I'm the heavy burden that you can't bear

Rani: Look what you made of me
Look what you made of me

Rani: I'll make you see

Rani: You'll never know what hit you

Rani: Won't see me closing in
I'm gonna make you suffer
This hell you put me in
I'm underneath your skin

Rani: The devil within
You'll never know what hit you
The devil within

Rani: You'll never know what hit you

Rani giggled maniacally, so much that she couldn't breath, "They'll all pay. All of them!"