Arguments

"This is completely unnecessary. We have it handled." Cardinal tutted.

"Last I recall, Slade arrived in Paris and you and him almost killed eachother." Batman glared at her. "You do not have it handled!"

"Father!" Robin snapped. "That isn't what she should hear! We all know you're worried! You care! Just say that instead of scolding her for something she can't control because of those stupid pits!"

"Robin." Cardinal glared at him.

"No he's right Cardinal." Superman frowned at Bruce. "He's too stubborn to admit it."

Batman frowned. "That is unimportant. The fact is, you are in over your head, fighting a magical terrorist who is enlisting the help of Deathstroke. I will not allow you to continue alone."

Cardinal flinched and shrank into herself, Viperion gently squeezed her hand which seemed to help her relax, even just a bit.

"Like you have a say in what she's allowed to do anymore!" Red-Beetle yelled. "You banished her from your life so you wouldn't have to deal with someone who's hurting in an inhuman way that you cannot comprehend!"

"Yeah! You have no right to say what she can and can't do when you haven't even been in her life for years! We've been doing just fine without help and you can take your saviour-complex attitude and shove it up your ass because you sure as hell didn't help your own kid!" Queen Bee screamed, standing abruptly from her chair.

"Guys..." Cardinal looked up at them in surprise.

"You're clearly not equipped to handle the situation." Batman scowled.

"And you are!? This is a guy who feeds on emotions and someone's soul! Something you obviously don't have!" Ryuuko crossed her arms. "Catastophe has done an incredible job in training us as well as ensuring our mental and physical wellbeing. She should not feel the need to take orders from a bat obsessed, emotionally constipated, biological doner like you."

Cardinal covered her ears.

Their arguments slowly turning muffled as her ears began to ring.

She hated decisions.

She could never make them, she wasn't allowed for so long. She didn't know what to do.

Viperion frowned as the room descended into chaotic arguments.

Her entire team was standing up to her father for her. She couldn't do anything herself. She couldn't say no, she was too scared something would happen.

Something akin to a toxic green dragon felt like it had coiled up in her chest. She felt sick.

Everything was black and white.

One or the other there was no grey.

She saw the world in black white and red.

Red was the blood. The humanity and weakness... Emotion

White was the orders she was given. Her duties. Her childhood was built to keep her in the white.

The black was disobedience. Chaos that would come about from stepping out of line from those in power.

She'd never once thought of crossing the line in between. Before, all that happened was pain.

Marinette was confused...

What would happen if she chose black? Became the true black cat and rebelled to chaos...?

She wasn't alone anymore... She had more power to make a difference. She had allies... Friends... She had Luka...