miraculi

Marinette generally disliked people. But she knew that life was to be valued. She'd died enough to know that.

She wasn't exactly sure how to react when she walked into school to find two new students she needed to befriend.

The reporter girl, Alya, declared herself as Marinette's best friend. It worked for her, now she had something new to tell her father. Not that he'd called much... Or at all for that matter.

Her siblings had though and she was confident that they'd be feeding information to Bruce.

Marinette was not a huge fan of her best friend. She was too loud, too impulsive and for someone who wanted to be a reporter, not that observant.

The boy who joined, he was intriguing.

Chloe insisted that he was a good person to get closer to.

She made an effort, albeit a small one but she wasn't always her cheery self around him and she hoped that would keep Chloe satisfied.

That was just the beginning of that day.

When she arrived home to find a small hexagonal jewellery box on her desk, with what she knew from studies in the league, belonged to the order of the guardians.

During her very little free time, she would read about the leagues history with allies am enemies. The order of the miraculous guardians had always been an unpredictable relationship. She had no idea why she would be gifted a miraculous, especially considering as far as she knew, the order had been dormant for almost a century.

She traced the pattern on the outside, wondering which miraculous she'd been given. The guardian should know the best to suit a person.

Marinette had read about a lot of miraculi. The most notable in her opinion being the miraculous of death, the raven miraculous, the miraculous of the dragon, mostly because it had a sword, and the strongest pair of miraculi in existence. The pair her own grandfather stole and fused to create the Lazarus pits that brought her back to life.

The Ladybug and the black cat.

The Yin and Yang of the miraculi.

Creation and destruction.

Order and chaos.

In her opinion, it would have been better for everyone if such power was destroyed in the collapse of the order.

But of course the universe couldn't have that.

Instead, it decided to give her one of the miraculi she actively feared. She opened the small box and with a flash of light a small black cat kwami appeared.

"Yo kid. Don't freak out. Come in peace. I'll explain everything in a sec, you got any cheese first?"

Marinette was frozen in surprise. But not in the surprise that 'oh my gosh what the hell is happening!?' or the 'why the hell is this happening to me' type of surprise but the type of surprise where she's just annoyed at everything, wanting to scream 'are you Fu*king kidding me?!' kinda way.

Marinette calmly went to the kitchen and returned with a slice of camembert. "With all due respect all powerful god of destruction... Find someone else. I am not worthy of wielding one of the most powerful miraculi in existence." She bowed her head.

Plagg blinked at her. "You know what I am already... You aren't freaking out... You know about the miraculous..." He narrowed his eyes at her. "Oh my gosh you're dead!"

Marinette blinked, "Yes I have died. The Lazarus pits were used to give me life again. I assume the name Ra's Al Ghul rings a bell?"

"You're... From the league of shadows."

"Ra's is my grandfather. Now with that information, I assume you'll want to find a new holder so goodbye." She sat down at her desk and began to do homework.

"Woah woah! I don't care if he's your grandpa but you're chosen for me and I know you're perfect." The cat had a giant grin on his face.

"If you want me to be a hero, I have a mantel. I'm a vigilante. I am not worthy of the miraculous." She frowned. "An assassin can not be a hero."

"You still an assassin?"

"Well no..."

"You loyal to Ra's?"

"He's dead but I was once under orders to protect him with my life. See? Exactly. I could not protect my own grandfather. I failed the league."

"Ra's is better off dead believe me. I decide who is worthy and you're full of chaos. Obviously a good fighter, and despite what you seem to believe, a good person. So put on that ring and go deakumatise that rock monster!" Plagg yelled.

"Akumatised? I've never read anything about that..."

"Butterfly miraculous. Typically they'd be called champions and used for good. Hawkmoth is using it for evil therefore his butterflies become akumas. Turning people into superpowered evil people." Plagg explained. "Put the damn ring on!"

Marinette sighed and slipped it on.

It gave a slight sting. She winced "Is it meant to hurt like this?"

"It's cuz you've been in contact with the pits. It would take a while for the miraculous to get used to... The undead... It'll sting for a while. The pits are toxic and it seems like the foundation of your life is built on them... you'll be fine." Plagg shrugged. "Tikki probably won't like this but you're perfect for me. She'll know who you are when you meet your partner. She'll probably try come find us."

"Wait partner? I'm working with the Ladybug holder?" She frowned. "I do not fight with those I do not trust. I do not fight with those not family!"

"You got no choice. Transform. Go find your partner and protect the city." Plagg narrowed his eyes at her. "I order you to protect this city no matter what but not at your own expense."

Marinette straightened and looked at him. This cat was much more dangerous than all of her trainers combined.

Plagg smirked, he read her, he must have realised she could not say no to an order.

"I assume you know the words."

"Plagg, claws out!"