Changes

"I thought you'd be taller." Damien stated bluntly.

"Excuse me?" Bruce frowned.

"These twins are your children." Thalia looked up at him.

Bruce looked between the two. Damien was easy enough to read but there was something off about Marinette.

"They were raised very differently... Marinette only follows orders and Damien follows none." Thalia explained. "Marinette struggles to act as a person at times... I do wish that you can help her through that. Her treatment was unfair..."

Bruce looked at Thalia to see any insincereity but saw none. If Thalia thought her upbringing was unfair, it must have been really bad.

"She will protect him no matter what... Even if it means she is the cost. Please protect them beloved." Thalia narrowed her eyes.

"Of course I will ..."

Thalia nodded, bid her children goodbye and went her separate way.

"I'll drive." Damien stared as they approached the batmobile.

"No you won't." Bruce said sternly, getting

"Father, I assure you that I can drive."

"That is not the issue here. Sit down. Both of you."

Marinette silently got in, Damien grumbled, eventually sliding in too.

"Alfred, please prepare two rooms-"

"Close to eachother." Marinette insisted.

"Two rooms that are close to eachother... We have guests."

"Of course master Bruce."

The rest of the ride was mostly Damien complaining and insisting himself to be independent.

Marinette barely made a sound which did worry Bruce but he had to reign in Damien before thinking about her.

When they arrived, Damien went to Marinette's side to help her out.

"Is she okay?" Bruce asked.

"Obviously not. She was injured when protecting grandfather Tt" Damien rolled her eyes.

Marinette still said nothing.

"Ra's allowed himself to be protected by her?"

"Tt of course. She is one of the most harshest trained in the entire league. She is the league's shield that is how she was raised. She was expected to give her life to save grandfather. She did not because her loyalty lies with me not him. The only reason she lost against Slade is the size and power advantage. And she did not lose either. As you can see she is still alive." He propped Marinette against his shoulder.

"Don't be rediculous brother... I'm not skilled enough to keep up with Slade. That is why I failed in protecting Grandfather. He would still be alive if I worked harder." She did lack the experience to compete with Slade. It's a miracle she still lived, but her brother respected her so much and he believed her to be invincible at times.

"That is completely untrue. If grandfather could not beat him, what hope could you have? You provided us time to escape. You protected me and mother, that is what counts. Besides, you have no need to protect me anymore. Your orders are mute as no one is here to enforce them. We are around those we can trust. You have permission to act yourself."

It shocked Bruce to hear this. Not only the glimpse into her league experience but how quickly Damien softened with her.

"Will you let me carry you inside?" Bruce offered carefully.