Danger

Violence and injury included in this chapter.

As soon as Catastrophe was through the portal, she shot off, before Chloe even had the chance to speak.

Chloe frowned and went to the rest of the miraculous team.

Adrien blinked at her, "Where's cat? Couldn't you find her?"

Luka visibly paled "she's gone after him already.... she must know him." He quickly set his second chance and carefully listened for anything that could mean he had to turn it back.

"SLADE!" Catastrophe's furious cry rung out through Paris.

"Oh? This one knows who I am." Deathstroke tilted his head patronisingly.

His suit was fairly similar to his normal but the orange was replaced by a deep purple.

"Who did I kill? Your mommy? Dear old dad?" You could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Neither are dear. But you are a traitor to all!" Marinette growled, "You tore down the League of Shadows and for that you will pay!" Marinette spat disdainfully.

He let out an amused chuckle. "Ahhh I see. You're the little shield aren't you? No one else would be this upset about the fall of the league except maybe your mother." He hummed.

"What are you doing here Slade?! Working with Hawkmoth? How beneath you!"

"With? Aw kitty, I don't work with anybody. Soon as I get that pretty ring of yours and the box one of you colourful animals has, I am out of here." He scoffed.

The butterfly appeared on his face and a few seconds later, he was deakumatised and the original Deathstroke stood in front of her. The one that had almost killed her... the one she couldn't protect her grandfather from.

"You're all going to end up dead. Starting with you Marinette Al Ghul." Marinette could here the twisted grin on his face and it made her blood boil.

Slade was at her throat in seconds, her staff and his katana colliding with enough force to make nearby people fall over.

"You couldn't beat me before. It's your fault Ra's perished. You just had to run to mommy dearest and your brother."

Marinette didn't falter, "I was 10 and didn't die to your sword. I am destruction embodied. You will not touch any of them and you will not kill me. Death is boring now. It's time to live."

"You told you little partners how much blood is on your hands? How many throats have you slit? Hearts you've pierced? Humans you have decapitated? I've heard plenty about your achievements. One of the league's deadliest right? Have you told them what a monster you are?" He said in a low voice but definitely loud enough for people to hear, leaning closer, pushing against her harder.

"You are the monster Deathstroke. I do not do that anymore. I try so hard not to." She could feel her entire body burning like acid with anger.

"You remember the looks on their faces when they took their last breath. You remember the horrified look on your family's face when you almost killed a rogue. Remember that anger? The anger you felt when you were dumped here. Remember the anger you felt when the people you have almost died for, neglected you. You wanted to kill again didn't you? Come with me. Get revenge on the league that used you and turned you into an object. Get revenge on those bats that threw you aside." Slade knocked her staff and kicked her back, making her stumble over and he then pointed his katana at her neck. "You know you want to."

Luka sat up ready to jump into second chance.

Marinette grabbed hold of the katana, not caring that it was cutting through her hand. Her anger grew greater. Her eyes swirl into a bright green, pupils narrowing to slits.

With the help of her enhanced strength, determination and anger and destructive energy, she slowly bent the katana into a curve.

Slade at least had the decency to go quiet in surprise.

"I would never."

In a flash, Marinette was back up, swiping at him with her claws, using anything she could to hurt him. Neither had their weapon of choice, having to improvise.

Slade found himself actually having to defend himself against Catastrophe's onslaught of attacks.

Not that Marinette could actually tell what she was doing, she only ever got this ruthless and relentless under Lazarus influence.

It was different this time. He didn't hurt someone she protected. Not recently. But he did make her angry, furious even.

Her blinding rage and pits' control turned her into a machine that would stop at nothing.

Slade was still fighting back but it was getting to the point that if she left Slade alone, he would definitely pass out from blood loss.

"Bee you need to get someone!" Adrien said, beginning to panic.

"We've never seen her like this! N-normally she has a semblance of her surroundings. Bee we can't let her continue like this." Luka begged her.

"Who do you want me to get!?" Chloe threw her arms out.

There was a moment of silence while people thought.

"CATACLYSM!"

"Sister don't!"

"Who was that?" Kagami said quietly.

"It... looks like Robin... what are the bats doing here?" Adrien frowned.

Nathaniel bit his lip, "he called her sister..."

Robin stood between Catastophe and a very much bleeding Deathstroke.

"Ukht you don't want to do it. You don't kill... lower your hand."

Catastrophe froze besides the rapid movement of her chest as she breathed.

"Sister not Killer. Here to help." Black bat nodded stiffly, stepping next to Damien.

Nightwing very carefully placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's okay."

Marinette crumpled. Her knees buckling as she fell to the floor, cataclysming a scrap pipe nearby on the way down.

Damien rushed her into a hug, while Dick quickly moved to apprehend Slade.

Marinette's eyes very slowly flickered back to blue. Her hands were shaking, her whole body trembling as she clung ont her twin.

"It's okay. It will all be okay." Damien said softly.

A shadow came over them and Marinette didn't need to look up to know who it was.

Batman stood towering over them. "... Catastrophe correct?"