Starting bumps.

It took her a while to get used to the movement of the extendable baton. 

She was not pleased when her supposed partner came hurtling from the sky. A blonde boy. Green eyes. Familiar.

She was happy with her suit, it was similar to Selina's suit. Her mask replicated the mask all of Batman's sidekicks wore at some point. She had actual furry cat ears (which she did find odd). She wore a face mask like Steph's that joined to the neck of the suit. Her body suit was almost a replica of Selina's, with hints of blues and greens. She also had an added utility belt which she stashed a few throwing knives in. Her tail was fashioned out of a whip like rope, again, matching Catwoman.

The bug boy's suit was a little on the nose. Most of it was red with black spots besides gloves and boots and a section around his middle where it was reversed.

She growled in annoyance when caught in a knot with the bug boy's yo-yo.

"Sorry!" He squeaked nervously, then released them, sending them crashing to the ground.

"Y-you must be my new partner? I'm... Red-Beetle. Yeah Red-Beetle. What's your name?" He held his hand out for a hand shake and Marinette rolled her eyes, jumping away towards the akuma.

"Where are you going!?"

"To do our job!"

Red-Beetle spluttered a response and followed her.

It wasn't long until Ivan sat in place of Stoneheart.

Red-Beetle had some help with the lucky charm via the cat. Marinette wasn't sure if he had the tactician brain. If she had to help with the lucky charms, she would. To protect Paris.

Alya ran up to them afterwards.

"Hello! I'm Alya! What are your names?" She asked eagerly.

"Red-Beetle and..." He started.

"Catastrophe." She answered simply. Then skillfully took her phone, turning the camera off. "Do not run into danger like this. You will get yourself killed. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes Catastrophe!"

"Good." She leapt away.

"Hey wait up!" Red-Beetle called, going after her.

"What?"

"That was a bit harsh wasn't it?" He said softly.

"I do not sugar coat when it comes to the truth." She glared at him.

"Noted. Thank you um... I couldn't help but notice .... Are you trained to fight?" He asked.

"Yes. Obviously you aren't."

"No I'm not... So could you train me? I-it's just, if I'm trained then we can protect Paris better right? Get rid of the akumas quicker?"

"You don't want to be trained like I was." She said quietly.

Adrien was taken aback. She was so commanding during the fight, holding all of the power but here, she seemed so small, so scared and sad.

"I'm sorry... You shouldn't have gone through whatever you did..."

"Well it doesn't matter now. I do not know how to train someone without using the methods they used for me. I do not wish to punish for mistakes."

"Then don't... I-I mean... Well you just have to tell me what I do wrong. Please? I don't want to hold you back."

She eyed him for a moment. "Fine. 9pm on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. From 6 on Saturdays. Do not be late."

"One more question, you this stern as a civ?"

"Not at all. I fake a personality as civ. What you are seeing now is me. Civ me is fake."

He nodded sharply. "Oh right! Uh... my kwami wants to meet you... so um she wants to follow you home. I'll hide on the roof until she gets back!"

"Fine."

"See you on Wednesday."

"Wait... Did you catch the akuma? Cast the cure?" Marinette asked quickly.

"The whatnow?"

"Oh no... Well we're in for a.... Challenge... Hm. We'll fix it. Send your kwami my way. See you on Wednesday." She ran off.

She detransformed in her room. "Do you honestly think this is going to go well?" She asked plagg.

Plagg, upon seeing Tikki, stiffened. "Um....that's questionable."

Tikki flew up to her face and stared at her for a moment.

"Can I help you?" Marinette asked.

"How many times have you died?" She asked quickly.

"I stopped counting after 9. But those are including fatal wounds that were healed." She crossed her arms.

"More than 9!? You're only 13!" Both kwami yelled in unison.

"I was 7 when I stopped counting. Only certain trainers would resort to it." Marinette hummed. "My heart's only stopped twice. They were told to train me by any means necessary. I was punished if I made a mistake. I deserved it" she bowed her head slightly.

"No! You were a kid! And no one should have that! Also... How in the world are you not.... Um." Tikki trailed off.

"Taken over by the madness? Well... My brother's theory is that I was so scared it would happen again, it surpassed the anger. But I'm not entirely sure that's the only reason_ she hummed.

"You could be one of my kittens. Chaos bound. My role in the pits would not affect you if you're one of my Kits." Plagg grinned.

"I'm not sure I follow." Marinette tilted her head.

"He means you're one of his true holders. Particularly in tune with his Miraculous. This means you don't get affected by his magic. If one of my holders were to use the pits... They wouldn't be healed, but they would be severely tainted my madness. Make sense?" Tikki explained softly.

"Aha... Please be kidding... You aren't kidding? I am the shield of the league! Sister to the heir! Th-there's no way I would be linked to a miraculous. Too different." She shook her head rapidly.

"Well you aren't anymore. You're Paris' saviour. You're definitely my kit kid." Plagg smiled smuggly.

"W-well what does it mean? What changes?" She asked, a little worried.

"Just that you're immune to the affects of the chaos. Your powers are kinda enhanced, you'll be a bit faster and stronger than the average holder and your cataclysm is more controlled and stronger. Oh... And you'll act like a cat."

"I'm sorry... But what!? Act like a cat!? I don't want to act like a cat!" She flushed red.

"Too late" Plagg grinned, seeing how she sat in a very cat-like position.