06: Chapter Six.

-Dedicated to @stanzas because she's literally the person I'm closest with on this website, a brilliant writer, and my first actual Wattpad friend. I love her more than anything and everything in the world, aww. :) xx

●════════●♥●════════●

The Girlfriend Project

Chapter Six

~Niall’s pov.~

As I sat my guitar down, I realized that everyone in the Needle was staring at us. They weren’t necessarily staring in a bad way – more of like a gaze of adoration and simple amazement. Another thing about the people in the Space Needle was that even though my performance didn’t directly affect them, they were all grinning from ear to ear, and clapping. As I looked around though, I was met by the best grin.

There before me stood Pepper, the bouquet of flowers in her clapping hands. She looked brilliantly happy, like this was the best day of her entire life. Her pearly whites were gleaming through her upturned lips, and her eyes couldn’t leave me. I strode up to her, and took her hand in mine, I wasn’t exactly thinking but I knew the words coming out of my mouth were true; “I really like you Pepper. Can this continue on?” I wanted to at least take her on a second date, even if this first weren’t quite over. I really hoped I hadn’t embarrassed her, though.

“Yes.” She smiled elatedly, her eyes glittering. I then led her over to a table, where two slices of a chocolate cake were already sitting. I pulled her chair back for her, and then tucked her back in when she sat. I was trying so hard to make this date wonderful, and I really hoped it was.

Pepper looked around at our surroundings – something she hadn’t had the chance to do before because I had been singing to her. I had been here before, but as I took it she had not. Pepper’s eyes were sparkling with joy, as she gazed around the massive room. “This place is absolutely beautiful.” She remarked, grinning.

“I’m glad you like it, I thought it would be the perfect place.” I smiled at her, hoping it was. Just because I was taking a bunch of girls out on dates didn’t mean I didn’t want it to be the time of their lives. Was it a bad thing, this project? Hearts could get broken.

“It is. It really is Nialler.”  Pepper grinned at me; her attitude was kind of changed. She wasn’t the carefree Pepper that had been around, but now it was like she was full of adoration for me. It was like she really appreciated the date and was enjoying it, it was like I was successful. Pepper took little bites of her cake, staring out the window. I knew that this wasn’t an awkward silence; it was more of a peaceful silence.

After we both finished our slices of cake in the comfortable atmosphere of the Needle, we headed out, grins on our faces. “That was probably the most delicious cake I’ve ever tasted!” Pepper giggled, looking up at me. I’d have to agree, it was pretty amazing.

“Yeah it was great,” I replied, nervously entwining my fingers in hers. Even though it was dark outside, I noticed a pale blush on her face. Did I really make her feel that way? I mean it was a simple, but meaningful gesture to hold someone’s hand but she was blushing. Why was my heart racing like this? I barely know Pepper – but it was like sparks flew when we touched.