05: Chapter Five.

-Dedicated to @handwriting for being really super freaking awesome and funny and cute and all sorts of awesome things. Ya'll should go fan her. :D x

●════════●♥●════════●

The Girlfriend Project

Chapter Five

~Niall’s pov.~

I fell back onto my hotel bed. It had been an extremely long day. Amazing was one word to describe it though. Aside from messing up on ‘Truly, Madly, Deeply’ it really had been an amazing day. I had met Pepper and her best friend Macy, who were both really sweet girls. So far I was very intrigued by Pepper, and even though I only knew the basics about her – she seemed pretty awesome. I had even asked her out; I wanted to ask her out as well. The other girls I had taken on dates, they were nice and interesting – but the dates had ended up being dull. Something was different about Pepper, and I felt like our date tomorrow night was going to be awesome.

As she had described herself, she really was just like other girls. Except for one thing. I didn’t know what that one thing was though, but she had it. No pun intended, really. Even though she was ‘just a girl’ there really was something different about Pepper. It interested me greatly, even though I didn’t what it was. Maybe that was part of why it was interesting, but I wasn’t for sure. Pepper was just alluring, that’s all there really was to it.

I was excited for our date; I was already planning everything out in my head. I’d bring her back to Seattle, and we’d go to this nice restaurant for dinner. After that, we’d go up to the top of the space needle and just look outside of it. Next we’d go to a park and play around like little kids; it would all just be picture perfect. I never thought I’d actually be planning this though, or that I would’ve found a girl like Pepper. My other dates with project girls were just dinner and a movie. I hated referring to them as the project girls, but that’s really what they were. Pepper didn’t seem to fit the title, though. Pepper, well, she was Pepper. There was that bit about her that just tripped me up.

Her long brunette hair flashed through my mind, that little tiny flower tucked behind her ears. I closed my eyes and imagined Pepper’s own sparkling set gazing up into mine. I remembered the way she’d be nervous and then confident, then revert back to the latter. She was so humanly perfect, it was incredible. Even though she even had her flaws, she was the definition of ‘perfect’ that people should be. There was a chance she wasn’t nice as she seemed, as first impressions were usually wrong, but I felt like Pepper was Pepper. I could tell that she had been being herself, and that she was comfortable with it.

The way she got on with the other lads as well, it made me happy. They all seemed to get along just fine, and I liked that – I didn’t want any of the boys not liking the girl I possibly was starting to fancy. I also don’t think that I could ever date someone the lads didn’t enjoy – it would be worse and more awkward than if my parents or family didn’t like her or something. The lads I was around all the time, and even though I was an individual, I was only human and other’s opinions did affect me sometimes. Ultimately, the lads’ opinions would be more important than my family because I was around them more. That was part of the reason I was so excited that they liked Pepper. Some may call me whipped, but I really did honestly see something in her that I wanted.